Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

That's all I'm bothered about, come to watch speedway, not get involved in their personal life, not my business to know or care about

Surely Connor wouldn't be bursting the bank though? And I'm sure Adam would have easily got hooked up somewhere else, Birmingham maybe? But I guess maybe it could have come down to averages? Adam is 0.61 less than Connor, what's the limit? And do the reserves count towards it?

It's a secret....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree about sponsorship many riders may find it difficult to attract good sponsors in this very harsh economical climate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Agree about sponsorship many riders may find it difficult to attract good sponsors in this very harsh economical climate.

Indeed and plenty take the proverbial out of those they do have or are trying to obtain. We are lining up for a season just as we were in early 2020 and its likely that the majority of kit was obtained a year ago. There are still however riders after funds for stuff they already have and just claim they don't. If people are peeing down THJ's leg and similar contributors and potentially driving him and others out of the sport then things are heading in a far dire direction than many appreciate. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

All paid up here Biffa VAT, Tax, HMRC, BBC. ITV, Football Pools and Lottery Syndicates owe no one nothing....

Cheapest year ever last year as my corporate monies that paid for season tickets for 2020 was kindly rolled over to this year 2021 by the new Rob Grant Newcastle promotion.... and with no rider sponsorship I was quids in.... Oh except one little Bolo who got a Christmas treat last Christmas of a 56 sprocket wheel which I don't think he has used yet (have you)

Through personal sponsorship and company sponsorship I have now weighed over since 2008/9 in excess of £120k (So not quite 10k a year)  however I have not had one enquiry from a prospecrive client in all those years of Speedway sponsorship... it's been a bit of a fools errand really and they do say an idiot and his cash are easily separated however I would be lying if I said I hadn't enjoyed it... especially being at Workington in their H18tory making season involved with some pretty fantastic people across the whole spectrum from management other supporters and sponsors the Worky fans the FOWS and of course the riders...

There have also been good times at Newcastle and I know I'm not the only sponsor whose never had an enquiry from sponsoring the team but I think we all do it for the love of the sport rather than out of any benefits that may come out of any association with the team... ask Alan Hedley who pumped a lot of his company and personal cash into the club for very little return or respect for all his efforts in running the club or Laura Morgan as another who was pationate about the sport only to find out the tough realities and what it means to run a speedway club...

Rob Grant and his team need all the help and support people can muster to make his tenure a success however I don't think the governing body are fully supporting and aiding him in his endeavours which means he will need as many fans through the doors as he can get...

My interest is sadly on the wane but when some one is having a pee down your leg and trying to tell you it's raining what are you supposed to do?

Regards 

THJ 

 

Once I think on the 56 & it went decent... So hopefully this season we get use it more thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update their will be potentially another change at 7 and as soon as I find out I will let folk on here know... however my contacts haven't heard what the new change will be yet but it refers to the new process for picking British reserves... which is all top secret apparently.... however if I get a call off Micki Pedersen looking for sponsorship you know it won't be him cos he's a 15 year old Dane...

Must be a Brit...

Regards 

THJ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guess Archie not aloud to race in championship yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mac101 said:

guess Archie not aloud to race in championship yet 

Why not? He's 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beware....

Big brother is out there and watching...

Although I have never been bothered about followers I'm thinking of joining Twitter and see if I can do a Donald...

#fakenews #fakenews #fakenews

I'LL BE SEEING YOU... (and you have to be in the know to get that one or a perv)

Regards 

THJ 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

All paid up here Biffa VAT, Tax, HMRC, BBC. ITV, Football Pools and Lottery Syndicates owe no one nothing....

Cheapest year ever last year as my corporate monies that paid for season tickets for 2020 was kindly rolled over to this year 2021 by the new Rob Grant Newcastle promotion.... and with no rider sponsorship I was quids in.... Oh except one little Bolo who got a Christmas treat last Christmas of a 56 sprocket wheel which I don't think he has used yet (have you)

Through personal sponsorship and company sponsorship I have now weighed over since 2008/9 in excess of £120k (So not quite 10k a year)  however I have not had one enquiry from a prospecrive client in all those years of Speedway sponsorship... it's been a bit of a fools errand really and they do say an idiot and his cash are easily separated however I would be lying if I said I hadn't enjoyed it... especially being at Workington in their H18tory making season involved with some pretty fantastic people across the whole spectrum from management other supporters and sponsors the Worky fans the FOWS and of course the riders...

There have also been good times at Newcastle and I know I'm not the only sponsor whose never had an enquiry from sponsoring the team but I think we all do it for the love of the sport rather than out of any benefits that may come out of any association with the team... ask Alan Hedley who pumped a lot of his company and personal cash into the club for very little return or respect for all his efforts in running the club or Laura Morgan as another who was pationate about the sport only to find out the tough realities and what it means to run a speedway club...

Rob Grant and his team need all the help and support people can muster to make his tenure a success however I don't think the governing body are fully supporting and aiding him in his endeavours which means he will need as many fans through the doors as he can get...

My interest is sadly on the wane but when some one is having a pee down your leg and trying to tell you it's raining what are you supposed to do?

Regards 

THJ 

 

The FOWS ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

The FOWS ???

The Friends of Workington Speedway who were a group of like minded people who raised money for the club... they became the clubs biggest sponsor... sold the 50/50 tickets held functions raffles and other fund raising activities to support the team... 

Good people whose names I wont mention to save any embarrassment but they know who they are... if it wasn't for them then there would have been no H18tory and there contibution should not be overlooked... other promoters and clubs were envious of the support and good work they did...

Regards 

THJ 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Why not? He's 16.

THJ just said there will be a change @7  and he has him in at 7  and his parents are posting some pretty pissed off posts on Facebook 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The Friends of Workington Speedway who were a group of like minded people who raised money for the club... they became the clubs biggest sponsor... sold the 50/50 tickets held functions raffles and other fund raising activities to support the team... 

Good people whose names I wont mention to save any embarrassment but they know who they are... if it wasn't for them then there would have been no H18tory and there contibution should not be overlooked... other promoters and clubs were envious of the support and good work they did...

Regards 

THJ 

Bought out tickets every week didnt even come close:t:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I am talking to the guys I will be sponsoring this year and to be fair all they want to do is get back on the track and race and it will have been a long 18 months since we last seen any racing but to be fair my business has been hard hit and (loose) money is becoming much tighter and the way things are panning out not only am I considerinfg pulling up the drawbridge on what I put in now but I am actually considering doing what many others have done and bailing out of the sport all together.... I have enjoyed my speedway since the late 60's but the way things are panning out I'm  not enjoying it anymore... even coming on here and taking the Mickey is losing it's appeal... we aren't Poland never have been and never will be and I think it could be time to  become an armchair fan and don me slippers and dressing gown sit in the warm and reminiss about the good old days which will save me a fortune...

Regards 

THJ

so what year did you first go to a speedway meeting john ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Bought out tickets every week didnt even come close:t:

a guy in our group of fans won the 50/50 draw  one week ..  prob broke even for the rest of the season ..  .something to look forward too every week , sort ov .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jenga said:

so what year did you first go to a speedway meeting john ?

Me april 3rd 1970 i was there, jeff brownhunt let a group of us kids for nothing that was it i was hooked, soon found out why not many were stood by the fence on first corner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy