British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The Friends of Workington Speedway who were a group of like minded people who raised money for the club... they became the clubs biggest sponsor... sold the 50/50 tickets held functions raffles and other fund raising activities to support the team... 

Good people whose names I wont mention to save any embarrassment but they know who they are... if it wasn't for them then there would have been no H18tory and there contibution should not be overlooked... other promoters and clubs were envious of the support and good work they did...

Regards 

THJ 

Also a very good track with some excellent racing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jenga said:

a guy in our group of fans won the 50/50 draw  one week ..  prob broke even for the rest of the season ..  .something to look forward too every week , sort ov .

Was at rye house/lakeside for a comets meeting in the H18TORY season, a comets fan won the 50/50 draw top prize £20 and they wonder why rye house closed !!

Anyone with any insight as to what’s happened with Archie? 

Feels like he isn’t in the 1-7 despite a desire to promote British talent to championship teams. 

suspect this is linked to Connor leaving / being made surplus. 

anyone shed any light?

No insight to currant issues, but IMO this year is too early for Archie in this league,whatever the secret new rules are !! needs northern junior League or conference league

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

Feels like he isn’t in the 1-7 despite a desire to promote British talent to championship teams. 

anyone shed any light?

I’d imagine Connor was recalled by his parent club at Leicester to replace Ellis perks. Nothing sinister at all and a decision out of Newcastle’s hands. 

18 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

anyone shed any light?

Ask his ma 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, jenga said:

so what year did you first go to a speedway meeting john ?

My first full season was the last year that Ivan Mauger was at Newcastle however I was too young to remember much about it... probably only have a half dozen or so memories of that year...  I really started to appreciate it in the early 70's when Ian Thomas and Brian Larner took control of the spot and  brought the Owen Brothers in and put fantastic half time shows on... unfortunately I can't see those days coming back any time soon for various reasons...

19 hours ago, Neila said:

Was at rye house/lakeside for a comets meeting in the H18TORY season, a comets fan won the 50/50 draw top prize £20 and they wonder why rye house closed !!

I bought 10 quids worth of tickets and the people I was with bough another 20 quids worth between them... a think that was more of a 90/10 draw rather than a 50/50 and did Barry Collins not win it... the Jammiest of Jam Eaters...

18 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

anyone shed any light?

Yes...

However I was a naughty boy and jumped the gun... I have had my botty severely smacked and the truth will out but not just yet as big brother is watching... "I'm a good boy I am"

As posted on the BSPL web site they are going to be making an official release on there with more information regard to the new set up for reserve riders then I suspect the Promotion will follow that up with their own press release using their usual Channels...

Shouldn't be long now but as things stand I've not heard anymore craic as yet...

But I'll be seeing you"

8 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’d imagine Connor was recalled by his parent club at Leicester to replace Ellis perks. Nothing sinister at all and a decision out of Newcastle’s hands. 

Not quite right RJ72 but once all the teams have been released the facts should be quite evident however you are right and there's nothing sinister about the decision whatsoever...

Regards 

THJ

Oh and as much as I don't want to do it "Watch the skies" there could be a possible name change for as Donald Trump once said "you can't censor the righteous" and if he didnt say it it sounds like one of his... I'LL BE SEEING YOU...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Ask his ma 

Or his sponsors & hopefully they can explain what happened or maybe not ! But at the end of the day let's hope that Archie & our other ASSETS.. DANNY& JOSH &JOE all get a chance to show there skills to us fans in the nash / stroke championship in years to come & with Steve pate & dazza Hartley looking after them it will only be a good thing 

On 1/15/2021 at 10:55 PM, Diamond geezer said:

anyone shed any light?

Appears the prolific one on here couldn’t keep a secret again and let the cat out of the bag leading to an official rollicking from the BSPA for Granty and Archie getting shafted.

Personaly I don’t think Archie is anywhere near ready for the championship as he hasn’t ridden in the NL yet but his time will come.Talent will always rise to the top but he needs a bit of experience before being thrown in at the very deep end.

Lets hope whoever gets the position is prepared for the role as surely they will only be expected to beat there opposite number so maybe score 1 or 2 points at best. That lot down the road did it with Wooley but they could carry him, hope we can do the same.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

Appears the prolific one on here couldn’t keep a secret again and let the cat out of the bag leading to an official rollicking from the BSPA for Granty and Archie getting shafted.

Thing is tho, if true, is the 'prolific one' a member of the BSPA, or where are they getting their information from and, are they being told to keep schtum?

Edited by ruffdiamond

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Thing is tho, if true, is the 'prolific one' a member of the BSPA, or where are they getting their information from and, are they being told to keep schtum?

You would think the BSPA had better things to do than worry about what's said on here,it really is petty if there is any truth in it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lewy said:

You would think the BSPA had better things to do than worry about what's said on here,it really is petty if there is any truth in it!

Well, ye might of thought so,,, but a suppose any social media is a form of Chinese/Oriental whispers, even tittle-tattle?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well, ye might of thought so,,, but a suppose any social media is a form of Chinese/Oriental whispers, even tittle-tattle?

Yes, and it would seem that the team wasn't passed at that stage, and it looks like the BSPL might have wanted to release all teams in a join effort with all the clubs. It is the will of the BSPL and the clubs to release proposed teams.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, and it would seem that the team wasn't passed at that stage, and it looks like the BSPL might have wanted to release all teams in a join effort with all the clubs. It is the will of the BSPL and the clubs to release proposed teams.

Yeah, a get what you say mate,,, but how come there has been a leakage of information?,,, if that is the case.

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, a get what you say mate,,, but how come there has been a leakage of information?,,, if that is the case.

Because he who types every third piece on here was given the information in confidence , as a ‘ sponsor ‘ of said rider but couldn’t keep it secret as he always wants to be the centre of attention so he told anyone who would listen.

• Haha 1