British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Because he who types every third piece on here was given the information in confidence , as a ‘ sponsor ‘ of said rider but couldn’t keep it secret as he always wants to be the centre of attention so he told anyone who would listen.

No wonder Mackem's get called SMB's because you are the stereotypical SMB

Regards 

THJ  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

Because he who types every third piece on here was given the information in confidence , as a ‘ sponsor ‘ of said rider but couldn’t keep it secret as he always wants to be the centre of attention so he told anyone who would listen.

You seem to know a lot of THJ'S shinnagins.. you stalking him on hear

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

You seem to know a lot of THJ'S shinnagins.. you stalking him on hear

No need to, he tells me everything he knows and everything he’s made up , he just can’t keep quiet and even talks in his sleep ( yes, I do know !)

17 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

No need to, he tells me everything he knows and everything he’s made up , he just can’t keep quiet and even talks in his sleep ( yes, I do know !)

Can't be enough hours in the day for that!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

If folk are known to, apparently possess those traits, would it not be wise not to disclose sensitive information to them?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If folk are known to, apparently possess those traits, would it not be wise not to disclose sensitive information to them?

Ruff “There are those who know and those who don't know. And for every ten thousand who don't know there's only one who knows. That's the miracle of all time--the fact that these millions know so much but don't know this.” or to put it another way that explains our SMB follower... “there are three kinds of people in the world: those who don't know and don't know they don't know; those who don't know and do know they don't know; and those who know and know how much they still don't know.” the first instance is our Macken friend...

Actually the last one comes from an Arab Proverb which really states...   "There are four kinds of people, three of which are to be avoided and the fourth cultivated: those who don’t know that they don’t know; those who know that they don’t know; those who don’t know that they know; and those who know that they know.

I'm looking to be cultivated...

Just thought that would have been rubbing it in a bit... Poor SMB...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Ruff “There are those who know and those who don't know. And for every ten thousand who don't know there's only one who knows. That's the miracle of all time--the fact that these millions know so much but don't know this.” or to put it another way that explains our SMB follower... “there are three kinds of people in the world: those who don't know and don't know they don't know; those who don't know and do know they don't know; and those who know and know how much they still don't know.” the first instance is our Macken friend...

Actually the last one comes from an Arab Proverb which really states...   "There are four kinds of people, three of which are to be avoided and the fourth cultivated: those who don’t know that they don’t know; those who know that they don’t know; those who don’t know that they know; and those who know that they know.

I'm looking to be cultivated...

Just thought that would have been rubbing it in a bit... Poor SMB...

Regards
THJ

I love to be there when you come face to face! Ringitsneck seems quite apt!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lewy said:

So do I.. extra entertainment at brough

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lewy said:

I have known him for 20 plus years, he’s always been a ‘ foghorn ‘ for gossip, he’ll never change. He used to be harmless but forums have given him the platform to become a bit of a nuisance when it comes to our beloved team and it’s goings on, ask any of the previous promotions at Brough.
Despite his immature rantings he has contributed a lot of cash to the sport over the years, we have even sponsored the same rider but as he’s become older, more senile and self important he’s becoming an embarrassment at times but I still call him a ‘ mate ‘ of sorts and will share my mints with him , when he’s woffling on about how he saved a rider, the club or even the sport.

I always read his posts, mainly to see what he’s made up this time, but he’s always good for a smile , even if it is a cringe worthy one.

Lets just hope we can all gather around him again soon on the terraces at Brough and listen to another sermon from THJ and watch a bit of what we still have in common, a love of speedway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Well the powers that be should just announce what is happening straight away instead of ‘I know something you don’t, you will have to wait till we think you are worthy of knowing ‘ crap. If leaks happen then tough titties.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2021 at 4:26 PM, Diamondboy said:

Well the powers that be should just announce what is happening straight away instead of ‘I know something you don’t, you will have to wait till we think you are worthy of knowing ‘ crap. If leaks happen then tough titties.

Well here's the link to the brave new world

BRITISH SPEEDWAY BACKS YOUTH

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.38563

It states

Every ‘rising star’ will be given grading and Premiership clubs will build their teams up to a combined average of 35.5 for six riders plus a British youngster graded four and below.

Championship clubs can build up to 39-points for six riders plus a youngster graded two stars or below, alternatively 38-points plus a rider with a grade of three stars and below.

The plan is to increase the young British riders in teams to two each in both leagues from 2022 onwards.

So there you go and on first impressions it would appear handy for the bulk of the clubs in the Premiership but not so for the likes of Newcastle or Edinburgh IMHO... Premiership teams can build a 6 man team to 38 or 39 points with a 2* or 3* reserve at 7... I have lots of questions but we will have to see the back up information that supports how you can choose and keep your young "up and coming" "rising star" if he progresses to say No2 in the Team or if you bring someone in and they find that they are totally out of their depth?

Sorry but as Shania Twain once said "That don't impress me much"  and we will have to see what sort of fist the Newcastle promotion can make of this new proposal, however have we not tried this before in another guise with the Elite Draft rider list where Young British riders were on tier 1 and tier 2 lists and fast tracked into the top league teams (until Carl Wilko went on the list as a 30 year old/young (+) rider... Cant remember what happened to that proposal or how successful it was but it hasn't been used over the last few years and certainly not in the Championship... I suppose you have to try an put a positive slant on this proposal and at least give it a go but we ain't Poland with lots of young riders all of a similar talent and trying not to be ageist but in young I would hope its something like under 23 (ish)…

It also adds

British Speedway Promoters Ltd Chairman Rob Godfrey said: “Everyone is excited by the new project to work with the youth and to encourage them over a five-year plan. We want to see riders develop from youth level to league racing and ultimately to the national team.

“We have a host of talented young riders desperate to make a career out of the sport and we are going to work closely with them to present them opportunities at league level to supplement the excellent work of Neil Vatcher and academies coaching them.

“With the restrictions in Poland and how many leagues they allow riders to sign up to, we have made this move – but we believe it’s the right thing to do in any circumstances.

“British Speedway is coming back and I, for one, cannot wait for the warmer weather, brighter nights and sound of bikes warming up for the new season.”

I get the positive slant on the proposal that Rob Godfrey is putting on it but is it me or does this read a bit like once Neil Vatcher gets these kids onto a 500cc bike they will by-pass the National League and drop straight into the Championship and if that is the case I have severe doubts but lets see and hopefully it comes up "Trumps"

So lets see the details and get some more meat on the bone but is this not a prime example of "lipstick on a pig" 

Arte Johnson was a regular cast  member in Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In. His well-known "character" was that of a German soldier with his famous catchphrase which I find most appropriate in this instance...

Hope it works... But...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

49 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well here's the link to the brave new world

BRITISH SPEEDWAY BACKS YOUTH

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.38563

It states

Every ‘rising star’ will be given grading and Premiership clubs will build their teams up to a combined average of 35.5 for six riders plus a British youngster graded four and below.

Championship clubs can build up to 39-points for six riders plus a youngster graded two stars or below, alternatively 38-points plus a rider with a grade of three stars and below.

The plan is to increase the young British riders in teams to two each in both leagues from 2022 onwards.

So there you go and on first impressions it would appear handy for the bulk of the clubs in the Premiership but not so for the likes of Newcastle or Edinburgh IMHO... Premiership teams can build a 6 man team to 38 or 39 points with a 2* or 3* reserve at 7... I have lots of questions but we will have to see the back up information that supports how you can choose and keep your young "up and coming" "rising star" if he progresses to say No2 in the Team or if you bring someone in and they find that they are totally out of their depth?

Sorry but as Shania Twain once said "That don't impress me much"  and we will have to see what sort of fist the Newcastle promotion can make of this new proposal, however have we not tried this before in another guise with the Elite Draft rider list where Young British riders were on tier 1 and tier 2 lists and fast tracked into the top league teams (until Carl Wilko went on the list as a 30 year old/young (+) rider... Cant remember what happened to that proposal or how successful it was but it hasn't been used over the last few years and certainly not in the Championship... I suppose you have to try an put a positive slant on this proposal and at least give it a go but we ain't Poland with lots of young riders all of a similar talent and trying not to be ageist but in young I would hope its something like under 23 (ish)…

It also adds

British Speedway Promoters Ltd Chairman Rob Godfrey said: “Everyone is excited by the new project to work with the youth and to encourage them over a five-year plan. We want to see riders develop from youth level to league racing and ultimately to the national team.

“We have a host of talented young riders desperate to make a career out of the sport and we are going to work closely with them to present them opportunities at league level to supplement the excellent work of Neil Vatcher and academies coaching them.

“With the restrictions in Poland and how many leagues they allow riders to sign up to, we have made this move – but we believe it’s the right thing to do in any circumstances.

“British Speedway is coming back and I, for one, cannot wait for the warmer weather, brighter nights and sound of bikes warming up for the new season.”

I get the positive slant on the proposal that Rob Godfrey is putting on it but is it me or does this read a bit like once Neil Vatcher gets these kids onto a 500cc bike they will by-pass the National League and drop straight into the Championship and if that is the case I have severe doubts but lets see and hopefully it comes up "Trumps"

So lets see the details and get some more meat on the bone but is this not a prime example of "lipstick on a pig" 

Arte Johnson was a regular cast  member in Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In. His well-known "character" was that of a German soldier with his famous catchphrase which I find most appropriate in this instance...

Hope it works... But...

Regards
THJ

The term “ rising star” would be a worry .IMO.

what about a 25year old “ rising star” who’s been about 10 years in amongst all these 16/17 year olds.

• Like 5

Well what an underwhelming finish to team building. 

a top 6 with a combined average over 3 points under the 39 point limit and likely to be the weakest number 7.

No offence meant to Joe, but we signed him as a 4 point national league rider in a league where Danny Philips had twice his average. Think it’s a step too soon for the young man and hope it doesn’t dent his confidence too much like it has many others before. 

How can Joe realistically compete with the Flints/ Bickleys, gilkes, Bailey etc of the world who all had massive National League averages? Assuming they all qualify of course 

on a positive note looks like speedway will finally be returning so I won’t grumble - can’t wait to be back regardless of the team. just managing my own expectations around the season we are likely to have

• Like 3

Just had a call and apparently the club have done a press release on Facebook which I'm not on...

Steve Park would usually copy and paste on here so can anyone do the business so the lesser lights can take a butchers

Regards
THJ