Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Got to be under21

Not sure that's right from what I am hearing mind...

I have asked the question and I am getting conflicting reports however I have been told there are lots of rules and provisos attached to these riders apparently and one numpty even said it could be a 30+ year old as long as he has not had any previous experience so if that's right a "Cookie type" could come in from a Motor Cross background as a 2* reserve and as a "rising star" just as much as a 16/17 year old could I assume!!! how true that is I do not know but the more I am hearing about it the less I am liking the proposal; however as I stated earlier we will need to see the meat on the bone with regards to the the proposal and how they intend operating the system because as Fromafar stated earlier if the rules aren't tight it will be open to interpretation and then perceived (or actual) abuse...

Oh dear.... this wouldn't be the fans finding holes in the process would it because that just wouldn't do...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Got to be under21

Meaning Embleton may as well pack the sport in now as he will never get a chance in championship.

Age should not be a factor, experience should. We can all rattle of names of lads who didn’t start till late on,  Craig Cook being a prime example!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Meaning Embleton may as well pack the sport in now as he will never get a chance in championship.

Age should not be a factor, experience should. We can all rattle of names of lads who didn’t start till late on,  Craig Cook being a prime example!

LOL see above post top of page...

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Meaning Embleton may as well pack the sport in now as he will never get a chance in championship.

Age should not be a factor, experience should. We can all rattle of names of lads who didn’t start till late on,  Craig Cook being a prime example!

Its been the way its been going for years, he was lucky to get a crack in the NL. Currently 15 year old and got a bike your in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be a longer than anticipated start ( if it happens ) to the season as it's been announced that Glastonbury has now been cancelled & also more festivals will follow 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Could be a longer than anticipated start ( if it happens ) to the season as it's been announced that Glastonbury has now been cancelled & also more festivals will follow 

What league are Glastonbury in... are they the Gladiators? 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Could be a longer than anticipated start ( if it happens ) to the season as it's been announced that Glastonbury has now been cancelled & also more festivals will follow 

More people attend Glastonbury on one day than every speedway track in the country during an entire season. Not comparable in any way.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

More people attend Glastonbury on one day than every speedway track in the country during an entire season. Not comparable in any way.

He is making the point that the go ahead or restrictions placed by the government make it impossible to hold, same applies to speedway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Not sure that's right from what I am hearing mind...

I have asked the question and I am getting conflicting reports however I have been told there are lots of rules and provisos attached to these riders apparently and one numpty even said it could be a 30+ year old as long as he has not had any previous experience so if that's right a "Cookie type" could come in from a Motor Cross background as a 2* reserve and as a "rising star" just as much as a 16/17 year old could I assume!!! how true that is I do not know but the more I am hearing about it the less I am liking the proposal; however as I stated earlier we will need to see the meat on the bone with regards to the the proposal and how they intend operating the system because as Fromafar stated earlier if the rules aren't tight it will be open to interpretation and then perceived (or actual) abuse...

Oh dear.... this wouldn't be the fans finding holes in the process would it because that just wouldn't do...

Regards
THJ

Well there is plenty of people on here just looking for the chance. :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Meaning Embleton may as well pack the sport in now as he will never get a chance in championship.

Age should not be a factor, experience should. We can all rattle of names of lads who didn’t start till late on,  Craig Cook being a prime example!

maybe he was asked it’s a big commitment to do both championship and nl leagues if you have a full time job 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

He is making the point that the go ahead or restrictions placed by the government make it impossible to hold, same applies to speedway.

It may have something to do with crowd sizes or limited amount of spectators,,, also I think 'socially distancing' Glastonbury might be tricky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Could be a longer than anticipated start ( if it happens ) to the season as it's been announced that Glastonbury has now been cancelled & also more festivals will follow 

The booking of acts and facilities for such a major event as Glastonbury is massive, and running a Speedway pales into insignificance when compared to it. I wouldn't take this announcement as any indication of anything for our plans

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

A wonder if another announcement is on the way?

What ? Like Bruce has got the sack. :o

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tsunami said:

What ? Like Bruce has got the sack. :o

Why, was he not playing his cards right? ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy