British Speedway Forum

33 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Got to be under21

Not sure that's right from what I am hearing mind...

I have asked the question and I am getting conflicting reports however I have been told there are lots of rules and provisos attached to these riders apparently and one numpty even said it could be a 30+ year old as long as he has not had any previous experience so if that's right a "Cookie type" could come in from a Motor Cross background as a 2* reserve and as a "rising star" just as much as a 16/17 year old could I assume!!! how true that is I do not know but the more I am hearing about it the less I am liking the proposal; however as I stated earlier we will need to see the meat on the bone with regards to the the proposal and how they intend operating the system because as Fromafar stated earlier if the rules aren't tight it will be open to interpretation and then perceived (or actual) abuse...

Oh dear.... this wouldn't be the fans finding holes in the process would it because that just wouldn't do...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word

30 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Got to be under21

Meaning Embleton may as well pack the sport in now as he will never get a chance in championship.

Age should not be a factor, experience should. We can all rattle of names of lads who didn’t start till late on,  Craig Cook being a prime example!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Meaning Embleton may as well pack the sport in now as he will never get a chance in championship.

Age should not be a factor, experience should. We can all rattle of names of lads who didn’t start till late on,  Craig Cook being a prime example!

LOL see above post top of page...

12 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Its been the way its been going for years, he was lucky to get a crack in the NL. Currently 15 year old and got a bike your in.

Could be a longer than anticipated start ( if it happens ) to the season as it's been announced that Glastonbury has now been cancelled & also more festivals will follow 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Could be a longer than anticipated start ( if it happens ) to the season as it's been announced that Glastonbury has now been cancelled & also more festivals will follow 

What league are Glastonbury in... are they the Gladiators? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

More people attend Glastonbury on one day than every speedway track in the country during an entire season. Not comparable in any way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

More people attend Glastonbury on one day than every speedway track in the country during an entire season. Not comparable in any way.

He is making the point that the go ahead or restrictions placed by the government make it impossible to hold, same applies to speedway.

46 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Not sure that's right from what I am hearing mind...

I have asked the question and I am getting conflicting reports however I have been told there are lots of rules and provisos attached to these riders apparently and one numpty even said it could be a 30+ year old as long as he has not had any previous experience so if that's right a "Cookie type" could come in from a Motor Cross background as a 2* reserve and as a "rising star" just as much as a 16/17 year old could I assume!!! how true that is I do not know but the more I am hearing about it the less I am liking the proposal; however as I stated earlier we will need to see the meat on the bone with regards to the the proposal and how they intend operating the system because as Fromafar stated earlier if the rules aren't tight it will be open to interpretation and then perceived (or actual) abuse...

Oh dear.... this wouldn't be the fans finding holes in the process would it because that just wouldn't do...

Regards
THJ

Well there is plenty of people on here just looking for the chance. :D

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

maybe he was asked it’s a big commitment to do both championship and nl leagues if you have a full time job 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

He is making the point that the go ahead or restrictions placed by the government make it impossible to hold, same applies to speedway.

It may have something to do with crowd sizes or limited amount of spectators,,, also I think 'socially distancing' Glastonbury might be tricky.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

The booking of acts and facilities for such a major event as Glastonbury is massive, and running a Speedway pales into insignificance when compared to it. I wouldn't take this announcement as any indication of anything for our plans

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

A wonder if another announcement is on the way?

What ? Like Bruce has got the sack. :o

• Like 2

Just now, Tsunami said:

What ? Like Bruce has got the sack. :o

Why, was he not playing his cards right? ;)

• Haha 1