British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

More people attend Glastonbury on one day than every speedway track in the country during an entire season. Not comparable in any way.

I assume you’ve never been to Glastonbury before? :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Meaning Embleton may as well pack the sport in now as he will never get a chance in championship.

Age should not be a factor, experience should. We can all rattle of names of lads who didn’t start till late on,  Craig Cook being a prime example!

Difficulty is how then would you describe British Youth without qualifying it with an age limit. For the BYC the upper limit is 16 as at January each year. Without a suitable qualifying notation of youth, we don't really want to get riders like Atkin, Armstrong, Boxall, etc,  riding as a 'youth' in any system. Craig Cook is a one off, and should not be thought of as the norm.

19 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

He is making the point that the go ahead or restrictions placed by the government make it impossible to hold, same applies to speedway.

The big difference is Glastonbury would have to start building infrastructure soon at the cost of hundred of thousands of pounds with no guarantee they would have been able to operate so therefore incurring huge losses.

Speedway does not have that problem.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Why, was he not playing his cards right? ;)

I wish and hope he gets a red one.:D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I assume you’ve never been to Glastonbury before? :rolleyes:

Don't need to, just watch the tele news. B)

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Difficulty is how then would you describe British Youth without qualifying it with an age limit. For the BYC the upper limit is 16 as at January each year. Without a suitable qualifying notation of youth, we don't really want to get riders like Atkin, Armstrong, Boxall, etc,  riding as a 'youth' in any system. Craig Cook is a one off, and should not be thought of as the norm.

Richard Lawson... was another like Cook so it's been done before Dave...

Just now, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Richard Lawson... was another like Cook so it's been done before Dave...

Yes, and from the same stable. But we can't really use those examples as the norm.

13 minutes ago, Tim G said:

The big difference is Glastonbury would have to start building infrastructure soon at the cost of hundred of thousands of pounds with no guarantee they would have been able to operate so therefore incurring huge losses.

Speedway does not have that problem.

I agree with your point on Glastonbury, however regarding speedway, unless all restrictions are lifted then I cannot see how speedway will be sustainable. 

Looking forward to seeing Barker, he is box office in my humble opinion. Just hope he can keep out of the fence.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Don't need to, just watch the tele news. B)

Just realised on my previous post I quoted the wrong person. I meant to quote the previous poster.

Not only is the quantity of people massively different, they haven’t been camping in a field for over 5 days either. A silly comparison.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

He is making the point that the go ahead or restrictions placed by the government make it impossible to hold, same applies to speedway.

Yes thats exactly the point & now pubs restaurant & theatres have now been told its going to be the middle of may at the earliest for reopening at the moment !! So its probably going to have a massive knock on effect on all other aspects of sport sadly

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Spelling error

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Got to be under21

In my opinion there should be an age restriction - we don’t want Jon Armstrong and co competing as reserves again! I would have suggested 24 might of been better though!

• Like 1

Last summer I went to the drag racing at Santa Pod in a crowd of 8-10 000. How is that possible but 800 at the speedway isn’t?
What stopped the speedway was stadium owners not being arsed to put in safety measures (the drag strip did) and the unavailability of overseas riders.

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Last summer I went to the drag racing at Santa Pod in a crowd of 8-10 000. How is that possible but 800 at the speedway isn’t?
What stopped the speedway was stadium owners not being arsed to put in safety measures (the drag strip did) and the unavailability of overseas riders.

Plymouth had 2 highly successful meetings  admittedly you have to be prepared to put extra measures in place which does add to costs

39 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

What ? Like Bruce has got the sack. :o

Neva going to happen as it'll cost the big cockney fella 2 much in compo