British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HGould

Whats actually going on?

20 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Now that Eastbourne have listed their fixture dates and indeed the matches v Newcastle home and away (although provisional). Is it not time for the authorities to let the riders, the public and Barry Bishop what's going on.

Newcastle certainly seem keen to rack up the miles although the fixtures may yet just be just challenges? Eastbourne are interested but i think much depends on a start date for them as the available dates for fixtures is going to be key this year. It does certainly feel strange that Leicester are making changes based upon the points limit and signing riders whilst others are being kept in the dark about things.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Newcastle certainly seem keen to rack up the miles although the fixtures may yet just be just challenges? Eastbourne are interested but i think much depends on a start date for them as the available dates for fixtures is going to be key this year. It does certainly feel strange that Leicester are making changes based upon the points limit and signing riders whilst others are being kept in the dark about things.

So now do you believe a ‘ meeting ‘ took place ?

7 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

So now do you believe a ‘ meeting ‘ took place ?

I believe discussions have been taking place and that the league is going to be spoilt because of interference from the BSPL who only operate wit the interests of their own clubs. But the only promotion i trust is that of the IOW and will stand by the word of Barry and Martin until it is revealed without doubt they are intentionally lying to fans. Once that happens i will then walk away from the sport for good.

9 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I believe discussions have been taking place and that the league is going to be spoilt because of interference from the BSPL who only operate wit the interests of their own clubs. But the only promotion i trust is that of the IOW and will stand by the word of Barry and Martin until it is revealed without doubt they are intentionally lying to fans. Once that happens i will then walk away from the sport for good.

That’s fine. I obviously won’t reveal the source but they can’t keep everybody happy, not even the rest of the promoters but it’s all ‘ in the best interests of the sport ‘ as they like to say !

• Thanks 1

Probably not a popular thing to say but I think the NDL needs to be scrapped completely now, the UK should run with just the Premiership and Championship as a professional and semi-professional league structure.

The aim should be for a 10 team Premiership within the next 2 seasons and if you take Swindon/Somerset coming back then it would create a 12 team Championship if Mildenhall and IOW go up into a Championship.

Othe Future stars list there are 55 riders with some names missing! thats at least 4 riders per team so you could have 

4 of these riders in the Championship running at no.2/4/6/7 with 3 more experienced riders as heat leaders, would be better progression for riders than being thrown in the premiership at no.7 from the off

You could then look to have a development racing programme consisting of 4 riders per team and encourage as many clubs to participate as possible and have a mixture of 125/250/500 junior racing on either as a 2nd half event or if say doors open at 6.30pm for a 7.45 start have them doing their programme before the meeting starts. say a 6 heat format where each rider gets 3 programmed rides track experience only no points, any that are good enough come into the rising star programme when ready as a 1* rider

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

You could then look to have a development racing programme consisting of 4 riders per team and encourage as many clubs to participate as possible and have a mixture of 125/250/500 junior racing on either as a 2nd half event or if say doors open at 6.30pm for a 7.45 start have them doing their programme before the meeting starts. say a 6 heat format where each rider gets 3 programmed rides track experience only no points, any that are good enough come into the rising star programme when ready as a 1* rider

I'm a massive advocate of junior racing and scrapping the Ndl would be ridiculous do you not understand the massive step from second half level to league racing. Having it as you say would be madness from occasional second half's to championship in one step :rolleyes:

Edited by phillwhitewasmad
  • Like 3

Probably not a popular thing to say but I think the NDL needs to be scrapped completely now, the UK should run with just the Premiership and Championship as a professional and semi-professional league structure.

The aim should be for a 10 team Premiership within the next 2 seasons and if you take Swindon/Somerset coming back then it would create a 12 team Championship if Mildenhall and IOW go up into a Championship.

Othe Future stars list there are 55 riders with some names missing! thats at least 4 riders per team so you could have 

4 of these riders in the Championship running at no.2/4/6/7 with 3 more experienced riders as heat leaders, would be better progression for riders than being thrown in the premiership at no.7 from the off

Takes deep breath, laughs and then thinks every word written above is utter ridiculous tosh.

Im not even sure where to start? 4 rising stars in the Champs with 3 far experienced/higher grade riders per team generating a gulf in racing worse than there is now.

Clubs letting riders out onto the hallowed shale pre meeting? very few even allow the mascots out and non would risk a delay in start time due to a 2nd half taking place.

Have you looked at the numbers of 125/250 riders competing? there are very few 250 riders and nowhere near enough to generate a league of 4 rider teams even if they only formed half of it.

I stand by my previous statements that the only good thing about British speedway over the recent years has been the lower leagues, the National league and the development leagues who have tireless volunteers doing it for nothing other than the love of the sport and i find your comments above insulting to all of those involved past and present.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just hope the BSPl dont poke their unwanted snouts into a League that they know little about and ruin it for the stand alones..

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 2:31 PM, Falcon1983 said:

Ludicrous ideas!

Without the 3rd tier, you probably wouldn't have Birmingham, Scunthorpe, Plymouth, Berwick and Eastbourne in the 2nd tier. These are clubs who either dropped down to the NL to keep going or reopened in it!

Mildenhall and the IoW probably would close if the NL folded! 

The step from junior racing to Championship level is huge so the NL is a more than useful stepping stone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So who are the rumoured 7-8 teams. Obviously mildenhall and isle of wight. I assume armadale, Bellevue and leicester will be back. Newcastle have started building their nl side... but will that be in the league or trophy? Eastbourne are rumoured. Anyone else?

43 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

So who are the rumoured 7-8 teams. Obviously mildenhall and isle of wight. I assume armadale, Bellevue and leicester will be back. Newcastle have started building their nl side... but will that be in the league or trophy? Eastbourne are rumoured. Anyone else?

Kent 

4 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Kent 

Ah yes kent too... so theres 8? Anymore?

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Ah yes kent too... so theres 8? Anymore?

Its been alledged as a new track to league racing....? Odsal wont be ready and isnt new.  Lydd wouldn't get a license so can likely only be northside or the other training track thats up north and i forgetvits name?

On 2/20/2021 at 12:25 AM, Islander15 said:

Stewart Dickson is hopeful of a 7/8 team NL season and that sounds sustainable to me. 

There are only 4 dates reserved for BNL racing in Leicester's fixture list