British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HGould

Whats actually going on?

15 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Is there a date set for any announcements? Fixtures? What teams are competing? Etc... Not long now until the season starts...

Just to know what the confirmed teams are would be nice...

My guess is things are well advanced and remember we are probably 3 months from when racing starts. In normal times that would be around Christmas and that's when NDL is usually sorted. So my guess, is not long now.

8 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

My guess is things are well advanced and remember we are probably 3 months from when racing starts. In normal times that would be around Christmas and that's when NDL is usually sorted. So my guess, is not long now.

Hopefully not too much longer... looking forward to seeing how things go this year in the nl

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Hopefully not too much longer... looking forward to seeing how things go this year in the nl

Yes, me too. Hopefully here at Eastbourne we will get plenty of racing at Arlington and also the chance to go and re-visit some NDL friends from the recent past, such as Mildenhall, the nouveau riche at Sittingbourne and, of course, that great day out over the Solent to the Isle of Wight. Bring it on.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Yes, me too. Hopefully here at Eastbourne we will get plenty of racing at Arlington and also the chance to go and re-visit some NDL friends from the recent past, such as Mildenhall, the nouveau riche at Sittingbourne and, of course, that great day out over the Solent to the Isle of Wight. Bring it on.

I hope so too. Things have been worryingly quiet from the Fen Tigers and Warriors. being the standalone teams who have been most impacted by changes but least informed i fear they will be hurting a little atm. Two contrasting race tracks and promotions but two that the NDL can certainly not afford to upset/lose.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Is there a date set for any announcements? Fixtures? What teams are competing? Etc... Not long now until the season starts...

Just to know what the confirmed teams are would be nice...

They were supposed to be having an online meeting late this week so maybe we’ll hear something more concrete next week. 

• Thanks 1

Arghhhhhh dam the BSPL no IOW which is a great loss to the Sport and argueably the most supporter friendly Promotion in british speedway are lost to the sport.. but " Its for the good of the Sport" is it heck.

• Like 1

Shocked there is no IoW. What went wrong. I thought I hadn't seen much of Barry Bishop recently.

Mildenhall will need some help from other clubs to put a meaningful fixture list together. It will need a bit of creative thinking but Sunday afternoons in the summer Mildenhall is pretty good place to be. Speedway and a bit of plane spotting - no variety though with the planes!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Shocked there is no IoW. What went wrong. I thought I hadn't seen much of Barry Bishop recently.

Mildenhall will need some help from other clubs to put a meaningful fixture list together. It will need a bit of creative thinking but Sunday afternoons in the summer Mildenhall is pretty good place to be. Speedway and a bit of plane spotting - no variety though with the planes!

Im sure Barry will take the oportunity to explain the decision thats been made, not least that it appears the NL has been taken over by the BSPl and brought in regulations that have made it impossible for speedway to be viable on the Island, of course i could well be wrong in my thinking..

awful news about IoW, one of the most progressive clubs out there.

I am heart broken to find that the Warriors are not in the NDL of 2021. I pray that they will be back with Barry and Martin leading the organisation in 2022.

1 minute ago, Islander15 said:

Such a sad day and I hope this isn't Barry and the Warriors lost to the sport :( 

Totally agree with you both are good forward thinking promoters as you said sad day for the sport. 

Delighted to have NL racing at Shielfield Park to offer a full calendar of Saturdays this coming summer - - bring it on! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Delighted to have NL racing at Shielfield Park to offer a full calendar of Saturdays this coming summer - - bring it on! 

Second that