British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Split

Göte Nordin now

One of my all-time favourite riders 

1 hour ago, customhouseregular said:

One of my all-time favourite riders 

Mine too, CHR. If only he'd had the good sense to ride for West Ham, eh?

Imagine Bjorn, Gote and Sverre as our heat leaders!

• Like 1

Nether saw Gote ride but apparently he was a "sheep in wolf's clothing".

My favourite all time rider,  loved his smooth style especially coming off the bends, It seems an eternity ago,  but he's looking very fit and well. If only he could have won the world title.

2 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Imagine Bjorn, Gote and Sverre as our heat leaders!

Well, we had two of those at Plough Lane!

15 minutes ago, chunky said:

Before my time Steve, but saw them ride several times for Wembley in 1971. My nan lived in nearby Notting Hill Gate, so i was a Regular at the Empire Stadium in the Lions last two seasons.

1 hour ago, chunky said:

We had them at their peak!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Before my time Steve, but saw them ride several times for Wembley in 1971. My nan lived in nearby Notting Hill Gate, so i was a Regular at the Empire Stadium in the Lions last two seasons.

Hey, don't get TOO carried away, Tony! I was only born in 1962, so I'm not really old enough to actually remember them riding for us...

My clearest memory of Sverre is from when he broke his arm in 1970 (Christer Lofqvist's debut).

Remember him riding for Belle Vue. A good clean rider who was populalr with the fans.

Nothing written about him on Wikipedia - a chance there for someone who knows how to do it and with some knowledge of Gote.

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Hey, don't get TOO carried away, Tony! I was only born in 1962, so I'm not really old enough to actually remember them riding for us...

My clearest memory of Sverre is from when he broke his arm in 1970 (Christer Lofqvist's debut).

You and me both mate. My first ever meeting at Custom House.

10 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Remember him riding for Belle Vue. A good clean rider who was populalr with the fans.

Nothing written about him on Wikipedia - a chance there for someone who knows how to do it and with some knowledge of Gote.

May have been 'Briggo' but I recall him saying that Gote was a bit like Anders Michanek...a gentleman off the track but hard as nails when racing hence the phrase "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" which, I think, he coined?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

May have been 'Briggo' but I recall him saying that Gote was a bit like Anders Michanek...a gentleman off the track but hard as nails when racing hence the phrase "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" which, I think, he coined?

Haha, you got the quote the right way around this time Steve ! !  :)

I saw Gote at his immaculate best in 1966 and 1967, when two successive wins in the Internationale at Wimbledon were achieved with sublime 15 point maximums against very high quality opposition.

• Like 2