British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bavarian

Gab Kadyrov documentary (in Russian language)

20 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Intersting documentary on the life and 1960/70s speedway and ice racing career of the Soviet Union's Gabdrakhman Kadyrov (it is in Russian language only, though)

https://youtu.be/W6zkgYSRp9A

That's a shame...did he once have the nickname "The Beatle" due to his style of hair?

Yup, Gab the Beatle-saw him with the Russian Touring team in 1965 at Newport. I would rate him fourth of that team, after Plechanov,  Samorodov and Kurilenko

• Like 1

Yup watched the Russian video-Ove Fundin had a segment of his memories of Gab in English, and mentioned a thing I remember- Gab Kadirov always looked a happy guy -great memories.

• Like 1

Can't understand it, so it is difficult to really get into. But interesting all the same. Few mentions of Briggo in there which I could understand. Think that is also Starostin at times, talking about Gab. Guess as they both rode at Ufa they knew each other