British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

National League AGM (or whatever they have)

23 minutes ago, mac101 said:

the answer is in the title Development league lol

With respect to some riders , they only develop to a standard that's still scary at best when you watch them ride. Bring back the use of uprights and it will bring back the spectators ( along with an admission price that is appropriate).

Edited by ONTWOMINUTES

43 minutes ago, mac101 said:

the answer is in the title Development league lol

The same development that the BSPL has repeatedly tried to shoot down as they cannot take any credit for it?

23 minutes ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

With respect to some riders , they only develop to a standard that's still scary at best when you watch them ride. Bring back the use of uprights and it will bring back the spectators ( along with an admission price that is appropriate).

With respect to some riders that applies in much higher leagues also. Promotors are only concerned with points and not the manner of riding or safety of other competitors or themselves. Fans can be as bad with one persons dangerous is another's view of exciting.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
missed a bit
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Well they have had their meeting / AGM, now stand by for the bombshell to explode....some of you aren’t going to like it.

When will the news be announced? Sometime this year I hope... Seems to take them an age to do anything, and then they wonder why interest is falling...

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

When will the news be announced? Sometime this year I hope... Seems to take them an age to do anything, and then they wonder why interest is falling...

Nothing will be announced till the number of clubs participating is decided ( one club still thinking of moving up, 2 others waiting to see how there stadiums will cope with any restriction ) and others now waiting to see if they can get a competitive team together under the new rules.

They can’t release anything till they know who’s in , which makes sense. They don't want to say something silly like “ fixtures will be posted next week “ and then nothing happens!

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Nothing will be announced till the number of clubs participating is decided ( one club still thinking of moving up, 2 others waiting to see how there stadiums will cope with any restriction ) and others now waiting to see if they can get a competitive team together under the new rules.

They can’t release anything till they know who’s in , which makes sense. They don't want to say something silly like “ fixtures will be posted next week “ and then nothing happens!

You mean like what they did with the pl/cl fixtures... the main problem with british speedway imo is crowd interaction... this barely is any and then the sport just slowly slips into the back of peoples minds

What happened to all of this lockdown stuff they were doing? Did they get bored? This lockdown is worst than the last 2 because there is nothing to look forward to... the first one had the weather, the second one had christmas, this one had nothing... peoples mental health will be going through the roof... this is the PERFECT time for online fan interaction

There may be a different  kind of NDL in 2021.

The most important thing is to continue to give plenty of riding experience for our developing youth

It would be good to give THE BYC riders more rides.... possibly second half rides or even places in teams if there is a rider shortage.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dandelion said:

You mean like what they did with the pl/cl fixtures... the main problem with british speedway imo is crowd interaction... this barely is any and then the sport just slowly slips into the back of peoples minds

What happened to all of this lockdown stuff they were doing? Did they get bored? This lockdown is worst than the last 2 because there is nothing to look forward to... the first one had the weather, the second one had christmas, this one had nothing... peoples mental health will be going through the roof... this is the PERFECT time for online fan interaction

This one is the worst. When the first one ended, i had non league football and a few speedway meetings to go to. The second one was short and football continued. This time it's going to be much longer. Despite my second jab being due in April, I'm still not hopeful of a May start.

• Like 1

So a week on from the NDL AGM and still begger all has been released. Considering the mess that appears to be being made of the 'rising stars' now would be a great time to release a little good news or any rubbish news would go a bit under the radar.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

So a week on from the NDL AGM and still begger all has been released. Considering the mess that appears to be being made of the 'rising stars' now would be a great time to release a little good news or any rubbish news would go a bit under the radar.....

Why are you in such a rush to be told “ this might happen if...” or “ we are doing this, subject too...”.

When there’s something concrete to tell I’m sure they will but at the moment they have a plan but it’s in pencil until more is known. You will only slag them off for doing that.

They dont want to do what the clowns on the top table have done, release a fixture list including a team that isn’t running, release an incomplete list of ‘ rising stars ‘ that includes riders in their mid 20’s who have been heat leaders in the championship for a while but not tell you how they came about compiling the list .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Why are you in such a rush to be told “ this might happen if...” or “ we are doing this, subject too...”.

When there’s something concrete to tell I’m sure they will but at the moment they have a plan but it’s in pencil until more is known. You will only slag them off for doing that.

They dont want to do what the clowns on the top table have done, release a fixture list including a team that isn’t running, release an incomplete list of ‘ rising stars ‘ that includes riders in their mid 20’s who have been heat leaders in the championship for a while but not tell you how they came about compiling the list .

Whilst rush isn't the right word i think at the moment everyone is looking for some glimmer of hope to keep them motivated. Many of us are far more used to the NDL being run in a more open and honest way compared to the higher leagues (although i accept the bar isn't very high). But surely even a statement of we have discussed several options for the coming season based upon differing scenarios and will release full details once further variables are known. Keeping people in the dark does nobody any favours.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I am not sure where the information you have came from but to the best of my knowledge there has not been a NDL AGM - well at least not one that I have attended anyways.

Keep safe one and all please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 1/29/2021 at 7:04 PM, Ringitsneck said:

UNTILL not till :nono:

5 minutes ago, barrybishop said:

I am not sure where the information you have came from but to the best of my knowledge there has not been a NDL AGM - well at least not one that I have attended anyways.

thank you barry there are to many grim reapers & know it all's let's be positive and get some speedway on this season we all know it won't be the same but we can build for 2022 :party:

On 1/28/2021 at 5:52 PM, Ringitsneck said:

Well they have had their meeting / AGM, now stand by for the bombshell to explode....some of you aren’t going to like it.

18 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

32 minutes ago, barrybishop said:

Well somebody is telling porkies probably that shifty Bishop....hard to trust a man who puts tripe on his crumpets ;)

• Haha 2