British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon1983

Colin Cook

Its ok he's alive and well...

I've been spending this lockdown trying to find old footage of dad riding

Now I have purchased some footage on DVD from rerun videos from his Exeter days and obviously there are alot of meeting I mostly remember his Exeter from around 1988 to 1992 when he then retired.

I've been searching YouTube for footage from before then or from meetings I cant get on DVD

I've found the 89 4TT at Peterborough which was broadcast on wheels, I've found a full meeting of Leicester vs Wolves and one race vs Coventry which stopped them reaching a KO Cup final

If anyone knows how to obtain footage or knows anything please let me know, I doubt there would be any footage from his scunthorpe, ipswich or boston days but hoping there might be more Leicester ones potentially

Maybe some lions fans on here can help out as I doubt there is any scunthorpe footage 

Edited by Falcon1983

Yes I have seen that one Jason, think that is the meeting that stopped Coventry getting into the KO Cup Final or something like that, its just a shame that there is not much around from that Era as wanted to see more from his British league days

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 11:02 AM, Falcon1983 said:

Yes I have seen that one Jason, think that is the meeting that stopped Coventry getting into the KO Cup Final or something like that, its just a shame that there is not much around from that Era as wanted to see more from his British league days

Also seen him Exeter v mildenhall YouTube cracking race,at mildenhall bytheway

On 1/19/2021 at 11:02 AM, Falcon1983 said:

It was the 1982 League Cup. Coventry lost out on race points to Cradley who went on to win it. I was there that night and Colin's last heat win brought the house down. A lot of people thought it was natural justice, considering how the Bees approached the start of that season... 

Edited by Leicester Hunter
  • Like 1