British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon1983

Lewis Bridger Returns

6.59 average for Berwick in 2017, divided by 1.6 to convert to PL, less a discount for three years inactivity.

[Crump starts on his 2008 average less 24% (probably 8% per annum - max 3 years)]

Edited by arnieg

15 minutes ago, arnieg said:

6.59 average for Berwick in 2017, divided by 1.6 to convert to PL, less a discount for three years inactivity.

[Crump starts on his 2008 average less 24% (probably 8% per annum - max 3 years)]

That would be about 3.14 on that reckoning wouldn't it?

Surely that would be worth taking the risk and just hope he has missed his speedway the last 4 years.

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

That would be about 3.14 on that reckoning wouldn't it?

Surely that would be worth taking the risk and just hope he has missed his speedway the last 4 years.

In all honesty if Bridger gets any team place its firstly a kick in the teeth for any rider who misses out and has bust a gut for the past seasons trying to get a break, secondly he managed a few laps at Leicester before deciding/realising that its not for him/he doesn't have it any more. The3 natural talent was there but the brain isn't and there is far too much baggage to make him a sensible signing......which puts him as a cert at Kings Lynn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In all honesty if Bridger gets any team place its firstly a kick in the teeth for any rider who misses out and has bust a gut for the past seasons trying to get a break, secondly he managed a few laps at Leicester before deciding/realising that its not for him/he doesn't have it any more. The3 natural talent was there but the brain isn't and there is far too much baggage to make him a sensible signing......which puts him as a cert at Kings Lynn.

Give over! 

Just as you think can't get any worst you get this news 

6 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sort yourself out,there will be plenty of spots this season due to the Polish rule.Someone posted on the forum we maybe short of riders and posted a list of the riders that may not be riding on these shores this season.

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Give over! 

Why out of interest? If Bridger can sneak back on a 3.something all of a sudden he's an asset to the sport? Past behaviours aside what has he currently done to get himself speedway ready? He hasn't cut the weight yet, he hasn't had any meaningful laps in the past 4 years and he has zero kit. He can't hire bikes anymore and the good ones he had have been reclaimed. If Lynn fans are excited about the signing then please enjoy it, if Lewis delivers on track then good on him and i will admit that im wrong. If he drags the sport down further then i hope that all who are backing the return will admit the same.

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

So he's eventually found some mug to buy him a couple of bikes

Excuse my ignorance here, but what’s the story here? I had forgot he even rode for Berwick let alone any of the stories that went with it.

Jesus christ. 

16 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Why out of interest? If Bridger can sneak back on a 3.something all of a sudden he's an asset to the sport? Past behaviours aside what has he currently done to get himself speedway ready? He hasn't cut the weight yet, he hasn't had any meaningful laps in the past 4 years and he has zero kit. He can't hire bikes anymore and the good ones he had have been reclaimed. If Lynn fans are excited about the signing then please enjoy it, if Lewis delivers on track then good on him and i will admit that im wrong. If he drags the sport down further then i hope that all who are backing the return will admit the same.

Well for a start if he signs for Lynn he will effectively be replacing a German rider which cuts out air fares and puts a British rider in work. 

It’s not without risk and he could be a revelation or a disaster but on a sub four point average I’d have thought it’s worth a shot. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Jesus christ. 

What's it got to do with him.:D

Just out of interest, because maybe I am sceptical, but has anyone made a comeback after a 3, 4 or 5 year break and been a success ? I could quite well imagine Crump doing it to some extent. Not going to be the rider he was, but in the UK could do well

• Like 1