Sign in to follow this  
Falcon1983

Lewis Bridger Returns

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

He's coming back too!

Depends on his average??!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Well for a start if he signs for Lynn he will effectively be replacing a German rider which cuts out air fares and puts a British rider in work. 

It’s not without risk and he could be a revelation or a disaster but on a sub four point average I’d have thought it’s worth a shot. 

Lewis has always favoured small tracks . He couldn’t cut the mustard at Peterborough. It’s difficult to see him making a splash at Kings Lynn. He has the experience and talent to hold beat second strings and reserves in a weakened league, but I find it difficult to see him making much of an impact..

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Just out of interest, because maybe I am sceptical, but has anyone made a comeback after a 3, 4 or 5 year break and been a success ? I could quite well imagine Crump doing it to some extent. Not going to be the rider he was, but in the UK could do well

Todd Wiltshire is probably the only one that I can think of.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foamfence said:

He's coming back too!

only for the meetings over easter 

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

Lewis has always favoured small tracks . He couldn’t cut the mustard at Peterborough. It’s difficult to see him making a splash at Kings Lynn. He has the experience and talent to hold beat second strings and reserves in a weakened league, but I find it difficult to see him making much of an impact..

I'd rather he finished up at Leicester as I don't think King's Lynn would suit him at all...........yet I get a nasty feeling!!!!! 

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Who cares!

Presumably you seeing as you opened the thread and commented on it :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

Ronnie Moore?

• Like 2

did Graham  Jones  make a come back for Berwick around the early 2000 seasons  in the bandits team after after calling it a day ? 

i seem to remember he could gate very well and looked really good , apart from the rubber ring around his tum tum .

my old mate Terry Kelly would prob do a good job ..

• Like 1

ay , keep feeding him the stuff he  cant buy in the shops . should okay @ car boots selling stuff tho ..

JoKe :lol:

Edited by jenga

adding the twos.

Bridger announces a comeback + Leicester say they have a replacement for Perks = There you go

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Ronnie Moore?

As I am sure Norbold will confirm Ronnie cams back virtually world class after a 6 year retirement ,  but as far as I recall he is very much the exception that proves the rule. Others have come back with varying degrees of success , but I struggle to think of any  ( apart from arguably Todd Wiltshire) that really came back as a force to be reckoned with.

Ian the context of Lewis , my mind continually goes back to his final comments when he last retired. He said the kneck injury he suffered in a fall a Berwick meant that he would wake up in pain every day for the rest of his life. That might have improved by now but one awkward fall is likely to knock a hole in his confidence, then it will,probably be all down hill.

I actually like Lewis.He is a good rider and has been generally a good servant to the sport ,  but I can’t see any way a comeback is going to succeed , apart from beating juniors and reserves in a weakened league.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HenryW said:

Taylor Poole; Jason Lyons??