British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon1983

Lewis Bridger Returns

14 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Or both maybe if Eastbourne have to adjust the team due to a points reduction?

You know more about Eastbourne than me! But to me this sounds more like as an away rider? IDK though:

Everyone at the Eastbourne HG Aerospace #Eagles is delighted to see Lewis Bridger return to #speedway We wish Lewis well on his return and hopefully we will see him in action at #Arlington in the near future. #UTE

Eastbourne Eagles twitter

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With respect Kylmakorpi bikes are about as good as they get so it would have been a bit of a shock if he wasn't flying. He chose to use the hire per ride jawa bikes. We hear it all too often in the sport "if i had better bikes/engines id win" well get them and prove it, nobody owes you anything in speedway, money, team places and respect all have to be earnt. 

The point i was making, when he changed to GM he was a totally different rider. You can have the best machinery in the world but you still have to ride them!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

The point i was making, when he changed to GM he was a totally different rider. You can have the best machinery in the world but you still have to ride them!!

Name me one rider who's career moved forward on the Rob Painter Team Revolution Jawa sponsored programme. The idea of Lewis having the bikes looked after elsewhere and him just riding them was a good one. Just entirely the wrong bikes (Engines). It was like night and day when he got back on some decent kit

I like him. When he put his mind to it he was always worth watching around Arena.

Wish him well at Lynn

i say give him a chance, he's British, he lives here, wait and see what the commitment is like before knocking him down

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i say give him a chance, he's British, he lives here, wait and see what the commitment is like before knocking him down

Just waiting for your comeback now Steve:wink:

• Haha 1

he's going to need a hefty set of kevlars . last time i saw him was at the cardiff gp only a couple of years ago and he was huge but it was muscle not fat , so weight could put him at quite a disadvantage . was a very exiting rider to watch at his best ,and when he was could beat anybody especially around arlington . his wheelies down the straights while in forth place didn't always sit quite right with me and i only expect to see him as an away rider as there was ill feeling between him and eddie kennett , and well documented is the fact that nobody could tell him anything not even a three time world champion or the master of arlington himself. that said good luck lewis , and stay safe.

2 minutes ago, gee jay said:

he's going to need a hefty set of kevlars . last time i saw him was at the cardiff gp only a couple of years ago and he was huge but it was muscle not fat , so weight could put him at quite a disadvantage . was a very exiting rider to watch at his best ,and when he was could beat anybody especially around arlington . his wheelies down the straights while in forth place didn't always sit quite right with me and i only expect to see him as an away rider as there was ill feeling between him and eddie kennett , and well documented is the fact that nobody could tell him anything not even a three time world champion or the master of arlington himself. that said good luck lewis , and stay safe.

remember watching Lewis with Ivan M when he was a kid, Ivan said if he cut out the wheelies he could be a very good rider .. wonder if he's now got the wheelies out of his system?

Edited by stevehone

Certainly was a talent,but let’s face it how long will he last.Bit of a gamble for anybody signing him.Wasted talent IMO can’t see him changing now.

Edited by Fromafar

41 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Certainly was a talent,but let’s face it how long will he last.Bit of a gamble for anybody signing him.Wasted talent IMO can’t see him changing now.

One of the biggest problems with Lewis is himself, he has not had the best people around him. He is a rider that has frustrated  me over the years. I have spoken to Tatum and Vatcher at length about Lewis as I felt they would be the two that have been very involved with him, but still none the wiser as where the problem lies with Lewis.

10 minutes ago, sommelier said:

One of the biggest problems with Lewis is himself, he has not had the best people around him. He is a rider that has frustrated  me over the years. I have spoken to Tatum and Vatcher at length about Lewis as I felt they would be the two that have been very involved with him, but still none the wiser as where the problem lies with Lewis.

That’s the problem It’s Himself, will it change now ,I doubt it.wish him well though.

45 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think we can all agree Lewis Bridger was a fantastic talent on a speedway bike, with few better. If he still has the riding ability he's 20% of the way there, however it will be the other 80% that's required that will determine whether the proposed comeback will be a success or not!  A Lewis Bridger (when on the gas) is the type rider needed in every team that would be great for UK Speedway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I think we can all agree Lewis Bridger was a fantastic talent on a speedway bike, with few better. If he still has the riding ability he's 20% of the way there, however it will be the other 80% that's required that will determine whether the proposed comeback will be a success or not!  A Lewis Bridger (when on the gas) is the type rider needed in every team that would be great for UK Speedway.

Agree,he’s not getting any younger though,another factor to be taken into account.

Edited by Fromafar

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,he’s not getting any younger though,another factor to be taken into account.

might put more thought into his racing

21 minutes ago, stevehone said:

might put more thought into his racing

He could be very decent if he returns with some added maturity...

• Like 1