British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BartoszZmarzlikFan

Has the new points limit forced Troy Batchelor out of British Speedway

With the points limit being set at 35.50 for the top six riders has Troy Batchelor been forced out of British Speedway with his hefty 8.82 average or will he get a team place somewhere?

Other than these six riders everyone else is carrying an average under 7.00 points. 

C. Cook 7.58

B. Kurtz 7.54

J. Holder 7.49

J. Grajczonek 7.43

S. Masters 7.35

J. Thorssell 7.33

Edited by KingoftheTrack

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Sheffield?

I would expect the club to remain loyal to J. Holder and Grajczonek which wouldn't leave any room for Batchelor imo.

But if they did sign all three then Sheffield would only have 11.76 left to get 3 riders and I don't think you could do anything with that taking everything into consideration.

46 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I would expect the club to remain loyal to J. Holder and Grajczonek which wouldn't leave any room for Batchelor imo.

But if they did sign all three then Sheffield would only have 11.76 left to get 3 riders and I don't think you could do anything with that taking everything into consideration.

Will Josh be back over though? Has got a Polish team place? He has said in the past if he doesn't have a Polish team spot he won't come back over as not much point...

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Will Josh be back over though? Has got a Polish team place? He has said in the past if he doesn't have a Polish team spot he won't come back over as not much point...

yes he has signed in poland the team just eludes me atm ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes but he's not certain to get many starts at Bydgoszcz.

Zengota, Tarasienko, Gala & Lyager (U24) are certain starters.

Grajczonek, Bellego & Berge will be sharing starts throughout the season so Josh will need to get fixed up in another country as well to keep the race fitness up and stuff.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Grajczonek, Bellego & Berge will be sharing starts throughout the season so Josh will need to get fixed up in another country as well to keep the race fitness up and stuff.

Grajczonek is on a Polish license so could well compete with Gala for a starting position.

2 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Personally imo if riders put Poland and another league or two before the UK which i can understand from a riders perspective as Zloty rules.But if they are dropped by their team or not getting many starts they shouldn't be allowed back to ride in the UK for the season.We can't be seen as a soft touch.Some of those may already be thinking if i get dropped by my overseas team i will always get a spot back in the UK.Don't let them take the mick.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, tellboy said:

Personally imo if riders put Poland and another league or two before the UK which i can understand from a riders perspective as Zloty rules.But if they are dropped by their team or not getting many starts they shouldn't be allowed back to ride in the UK for the season.We can't be seen as a soft touch.Some of those may already be thinking if i get dropped by my overseas team i will always get a spot back in the UK.Don't let them take the mick.

Why change the habit of a lifetime?:o;) All joking aside, if it means the difference between a team winning and losing then a promoter will not hesitate in trying to sign them. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, tellboy said:

Did you use to take ya ball home if those bigger boys were nasty to you ?:)

How ‘picky’ can the UK be now, going forward.

Just when you think the standard can’t get any lower they go and surprise you.

32 minutes ago, semion said:

Indeed but on this occasion I don’t think the authorities are entirely to blame, COVID and Polish muscle flexing has changed the landscape of available riders significantly. I’m in favour of the future star scheme as I believe we have the most promising crop of U21’s for several years and would rather they ride at reserve than foreign fillers. 

That said I can’t see me paying the best part of twenty quid to watch what will be on offer too often. Admission should really be reduced but can understand why that is highly unlikely to happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

But why should we allow those back if they get dropped?They would replace riders who started the season in the UK.

It's kinda ironic that British promoters upset with Polish rules, lower the points limit so a rider who wants to race over here is likely to be left without a team place!

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 9:21 AM, Bagpuss said:

Indeed but on this occasion I don’t think the authorities are entirely to blame, COVID and Polish muscle flexing has changed the landscape of available riders significantly. I’m in favour of the future star scheme as I believe we have the most promising crop of U21’s for several years and would rather they ride at reserve than foreign fillers. 

That said I can’t see me paying the best part of twenty quid to watch what will be on offer too often. Admission should really be reduced but can understand why that is highly unlikely to happen. 

Covid/ Polish League is the straw that broke the camel’s back.   Speedway’s issues date back a long time before Poland became the dictators of all things Speedway.  For 20/30 years Promoters have just kicked the can down the road until there is nowhere left to kick it.

My interest has declined year on year until there is little to nothing left in it for me.  Will be interesting to see where they pitch it price wise and the crowds that are prepared to watch it.

Edited by semion
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, tellboy said:

But why should we allow those back if they get dropped?They would replace riders who started the season in the UK.

And since when has the word loyalty ( either way) meant anything in Speedway ?

• Like 1