British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BartoszZmarzlikFan

Has the new points limit forced Troy Batchelor out of British Speedway

17 hours ago, semion said:

Covid/ Polish League is the straw that broke the camel’s back.   Speedway’s issues date back a long time before Poland became the dictators of all things Speedway.  For 20/30 years Promoters have just kicked the van down the road until there is nowhere left to kick it.

My interest has declined year on year until there is little to nothing left in it for me.  Will be interesting to see where they pitch it price wise and the crowds that are prepared to watch it.

If we get the League’s going this year it will be interesting to see what will be with crowd levels,I wouldn’t be confident of an increase( certainly of new fans)and admission prices have been a touchy subject in the last few years given the quality of entertainment and star names in GB.Poland cannot really be criticised for getting on with it and growing the sport.GB have just sat back watching and are now paying the price.

Everyone has a role to play in the future of the sport

I think for domestic Speedway if its £15/20 with kids free then that is an OK price

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Everyone has a role to play in the future of the sport

I think for domestic Speedway if its £15/20 with kids free then that is an OK price

for the future of our sport we need more young people coming through the turnstiles, I'm all for 1 adult = 1 young person free, 2 adults 2 young persons free, etc etc, all other young persons pay £5 each, set the age as 15 and under and must have proof of age 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 4:59 PM, KingoftheTrack said:

With the points limit being set at 35.50 for the top six riders has Troy Batchelor been forced out of British Speedway with his hefty 8.82 average or will he get a team place somewhere?

Other than these six riders everyone else is carrying an average under 7.00 points. 

C. Cook 7.58

B. Kurtz 7.54

J. Holder 7.49

J. Grajczonek 7.43

S. Masters 7.35

J. Thorssell 7.33

Signed for Sheffield

• Like 2