British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

SGB Championship 2021 Confirmed Signings

13 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

How's that Neil?

If he's an 8 in the top league times that by 1.5 and it makes him a 12 in this one... nowt wrong with that surely...

Regards 

THJ 

If he does come in on a 12, a wonder who will be the first rider to put a dint in it,,, unless he does it himself by taking a bonus point behind his partner? 

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

How's that Neil?

If he's an 8 in the top league times that by 1.5 and it makes him a 12 in this one... nowt wrong with that surely...

Regards 

THJ 

If he’s an 8 I agree, if he’s 8.2 with a 1.6 conversion.... Maybe we’ll get the averages and rules soon :-)

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

How's that Neil?

Regards 

THJ 

Last year the conversion was Prem average = 60% of Champ average

So if crump's Prem average is 8............   8 /0.6 = 13.33 = Champ average

1 hour ago, eric i said:

I have been advised that the 1.5 conversion rate has not changed this season as was proposed at the 2019 BSPL meeting which stated they were going to put the conversion rate up by 0.1 each year until it go to 2.0... so last year 1.6 and this year 1.7 but that idea has apparently fallen by the way-side...

However it will be interesting to see if anyone in the Championship tries to pick up Troy Batch who has said he would like to race in both leagues as he is on an 8.82 and he converts out to a Championship busting average of 13.23

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key words
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

However it will be interesting to see if anyone in the Championship tries to pick up Troy Batch who has said he would like to race in both leagues as he is on an 8.82 and he converts out to a Championship busting average of 13.23

Regards
THJ

A remember reading that and, the first thing to spring to my mind was,,, a really do wonder if the riders are aware of the rules regarding averages? ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, eric i said:

The conversion in that case would be 8 * 1.6 = 12.8, (or 8 / 1.6 = 5 CL to PL), however that may be a moot point given THJ’s post above.

Edited by NeilWatson
Clarity
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The conversion in that case would be 8 * 1.6 = 12.8, (or 8 / 1.6 = 5 CL to PL), however that may be a moot point given THJ’s post above.

8 is not 60% of 12.8.

16 minutes ago, eric i said:

8 is not 60% of 12.8.

No, its 10/16ths or 5/8ths. 

or 62.5% :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eric i said:

8 is not 60% of 12.8.

Because its not a percentage of the/a number/average its a multiplier or divisor so 1.5 x (Times by) 8 = 12 and likewise 12/(Divided by)1.5 = 8

Times the Premiership number/average by 1.5 to obtain a Championship average...

Divide the Championship number/average by 1.5 to achieve the desired result of a Premiership average...

So in theory the highest convertible average from the Premiership to the Championship is 8.00... any rider above this cant (again in theory) double down... unless he gets his average to 8.00 or lower...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eric i said:

8 is not 60% of 12.8.

Correct, my point is that the conversion factor is 1.6, not 60% as you stated.

CL average multiplied by 1.6 to get PL average, PL average divided by 1.6 to get CL average (or whatever the factor is, maybe 1.5)

Posted before I read down to THJ's post

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

CL average multiplied by 1.6 to get PL average, PL average divided by 1.6 to get CL average (or whatever the factor is, maybe 1.5)

Posted before I read down to THJ's post

A think you might be getting confused Neil?

Surely its, CL average divided by 1.? to get PL average and, PL average multiplied by 1.? to get CL average? ;)

• Like 1

Regardless of averages, l cannot imagine ANY Championship promoter not wanting Jason Crump coming to their track this year with Plymouth.  He will be a huge boost for the league's profile and a huge turnstile-spinner at every club hosting the Gladiators. 

• Like 1

There will probably be an announcement that for Team Building purposes (and to assist Plymouth in tracking a reasonable team) the maximum Championship rider average will be 12.00

The actual (converted) average will probably be used in the rolling averages calculation once enough fixtures have been completed.

Where theres a will theres a way!!!!!

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

There will probably be an announcement that for Team Building purposes (and to assist Plymouth in tracking a reasonable team) the maximum Championship rider.

average will be 12.00

The actual (converted) average will be used in the rolling averages calculation.

That's a reasonable proposal. 

39 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think you might be getting confused Neil?

Surely its, CL average divided by 1.? to get PL average and, PL average multiplied by 1.? to get CL average? ;)

Certainly is! Doh......

• Haha 2