British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

SGB Championship 2021 Confirmed Signings

Winners and losers I just don't get this any more we will end up with some super stars riding in possibly 3 league's and some with no team place

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Where yo lookin? He has this time as well... if it's wrong let me know it's easily corrected..

Taken off the old teams list and James won't be the rising star and that Edinburgh team will change... not unlike the Newcastle team where a young British rider had to be cut to accommodate a errrrrrm young British rider classed as a rising star.... nuts...

Looking at 2020 team listings, Craig is 9.92 with the asterix reduction next to his name

So much for equality. There are some crazily strong teams there like Eastbourne and Leicester and some shockers like Poole and Kent. Expect some major changes long before we get to May

• Like 1

Birmingham have all six riders coming back, so you can include Valentin Grobauer. The 'rising star' is Jack Thomas.

• Thanks 1

If I understand the new rules correctly there are one or two clubs that will need to make a change or two before the new season. For example Edinburgh, they currently have William Lawson and James Sargeant at reserve, and will no disrespect to them part of the new rules is to create a clear pathway for young British riders and I don't see how that applies to either Sargeant or Lawson.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, screm said:

If I understand the new rules correctly there are one or two clubs that will need to make a change or two before the new season. For example Edinburgh, they currently have William Lawson and James Sargeant at reserve, and will no disrespect to them part of the new rules is to create a clear pathway for young British riders and I don't see how that applies to either Sargeant or Lawson.

That's what I thought but can see the scheme been extended to allow riders like James and Ashley Morris 

16 hours ago, Fromafar said:

That’s where the vague term “rising star” falls flat,effectively your ruling James a Team  spot that he had already secured.Not fair really.IMO.

I'm not ruling him anything all I done was pulled all of the last years names straight accross and if I had left him out it would have been "why have you dropped James"  he was at 7 on their team from last year and now at 7 on my spread sheet and until Edinburgh do something with their team  he's got the lowest average so he's at 7... like Newcastle there will be an enforced change in that team but  it might not be James who gets cut... if it's giving you that much consternation would you like me to take him out all together?  FFS the details of the Rising Star thing only came out yesterday and Edinburgh still have a declared team from last year... so will I wipe him or them all or just leave it till someone tells us what's happening... or will I put a number 8 on that one with RS against it... James Sarjeant will not be the RS rider ok... happy now... but he may not be the rider who makes way for a Rising Star... 

Jesus... no wonder these promoters get pee'd off...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Looking at 2020 team listings, Craig is 9.92 with the asterix reduction next to his name

Ah man Dot for Christ sake man work with as here... the asterisk on the last one ment that matey boy had applied his 2.5% already ffs... Craig's average was 10.17 and with his 2.5% off he comes down to 9.92... ok...

Oh and I think the Asterix you are refering to was a Gaul... could be wrong mind...

Lots of Love

John xxx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

That's what I thought but can see the scheme been extended to allow riders like James and Ashley Morris 

No it wont Phil... its someting like under 23 or 24 and/or no more than three years in the Championship or other proper league which would allow a new over age rider from say Motor Cross to come in... apparently the rules will be quite strict but until they officially come out I'm only getting snippets and educated guesses back of folk... 

Regards

THJ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

Birmingham have all six riders coming back, so you can include Valentin Grobauer. The 'rising star' is Jack Thomas.

Can you give any averages for these guys please... and has the team been officially released anywhere yet?

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No it wont Phil... its someting like under 23 or 24 and/or no more than three years in the Championship or other proper league which would allow a new over age rider from say Motor Cross to come in... apparently the rules will be quite strict but until they officially come out I'm only getting snippets and educated guesses back of folk... 

Regards

THJ 

Cheers for that it's starting to creep out now. Shame it's not transparent to all who have a vested interest 

• Like 1

Now we just need to find out what makes someone a 1 star, 2 star, 3 star or 4 star... youd think they'd bring all this information out with the press release for the new rule... :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Ah man Dot for Christ sake man work with as here... the asterisk on the last one ment that matey boy had applied his 2.5% already ffs... Craig's average was 10.17 and with his 2.5% off he comes down to 9.92... ok...

Oh and I think the Asterix you are refering to was a Gaul... could be wrong mind...

Lots of Love

John xxx

What happened to the guy that used to do the confirmed signings thread in previous years? ;)

Yeah well i hope it will be better than last year, More SGB Championship in Eurosport with Premiership.

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards

THJ 

So why no Josh at 7 ?