British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

SGB Championship 2021 Confirmed Signings

30 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

So why no Josh at 7 ?

Clearly the new owners and particularly manager prefer Joe because they've nurtured him back at Stoke... Can they not have a shared role? If logistics is hard for Josh, he can do most home and Joe away?

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Clearly the new owners and particularly manager prefer Joe because they've nurtured him back at Stoke... Can they not have a shared role? If logistics is hard for Josh, he can do most home and Joe away?

with both being club assets would benefit both club and riders but that’s common sense 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mac101 said:

with both being club assets would benefit both club and riders but that’s common sense 

Don't wanna be seen slagging off the new promotion, as they've done an amazing job since they took over. But giving Josh some credibility would be nice considering how much work he's put in both on and off the track.

Wonder if a Gems team will be fielded next season? If the NL even exists by then

18 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Don't wanna be seen slagging off the new promotion, as they've done an amazing job since they took over. But giving Josh some credibility would be nice considering how much work he's put in both on and off the track.

Wonder if a Gems team will be fielded next season? If the NL even exists by then

Can't see it. Where are the riders going to come from. Owen yes, but where are the rest. No training school now. :o

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

So why no Josh at 7 ?

No idea Dave av not spoken to the promotion since before Christmas when a bought me fresh turkey and new years fresh turkey crown from them...

35 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Last year's messiah got banned off apparently...

And around another 58 contributors also went at exactly the same time....:D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Ah man Dot for Christ sake man work with as here... the asterisk on the last one ment that matey boy had applied his 2.5% already ffs... Craig's average was 10.17 and with his 2.5% off he comes down to 9.92... ok...

Oh and I think the Asterix you are refering to was a Gaul... could be wrong mind...

Lots of Love

John xxx

You sure your cut out for this , sit down have a beer light a cigar and watch some re-runs of only fools and horses.

High blood pressure should start to drop quickly I would have thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Can't see it. Where are the riders going to come from. Owen yes, but where are the rest. No training school now. :o

Hang on, we have Josh, Archie, Danny, and Dean then throw in Alcock and we had Wallinger lined up so that is six to start with , throw in someone like Danny Phillips ( local and without a team ) and you have a team, and that’s without going looking far.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Hang on, we have Josh, Archie, Danny, and Dean then throw in Alcock and we had Wallinger lined up so that is six to start with , throw in someone like Danny Phillips ( local and without a team ) and you have a team, and that’s without going looking far.

The press release about the 16:00 start time definitely mentioned double headers with National League matches.  And there's been a load of press releases about Freeman and Smith signing to ride for the Gems in the National League so I'm sure there's an intention to run the Gems in the NL.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

All products of the TRAINING school apart from alcock wallinger & Phillips & also a lot have forgot about the likes of Liam Carr who came through the school aswell & also jack Flynn who had some got practice sessions last season

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

All products of the TRAINING school apart from alcock wallinger & Phillips & also a lot have forgot about the likes of Liam Carr who came through the school aswell & also jack Flynn who had some got practice sessions last season

Yet the guy who ran the ‘ training school ‘  says he doesn’t know where the riders will come from ?

Strange statement.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Can you give any averages for these guys please... and has the team been officially released anywhere yet?

No, no team list in the Birmingham web site, The information I gave was from Rogers in the Brummies forum.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Yet the guy who ran the ‘ training school ‘  says he doesn’t know where the riders will come from ?

Strange statement.

Nothing strange at all. I can see Archie , Danny and Josh, possibly Joe and hopefully Wallinger, but we will struggle for the rest.  

Edited by Tsunami

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Nothing strange at all. I can see Archie , Danny and Josh, possibly Joe and hopefully Wallinger, but we will struggle for the rest.  

So now you can name 5 Dave , you only need 2 more and there’s a few within a 50 mile radius who could ride in what will be a much lower standard NL including your own Dean Douglas , who does seem to get forgotten about at Brough. I know he’s a bit raw but he’s keen. There’s even a couple of potential young lads down the road who I’m sure would ride and others who attend their amateur meetings that could be considered.

Edited by Ringitsneck