British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

SGB Championship 2021 Confirmed Signings

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Who would you suggest are the non runners? Let's narrow it down!!

Is he making a comeback then? Liked Liam back in the day

There's no point in doing so.

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

This would be the Saphires team ! I did say there would be a drop in standards , because most of the previous heat leaders in the NL will be riding as graded reserves in the championship so that equals out. Joe and Josh become experienced riders in this new level with the likes of Archie, Dean and others getting a chance to show there worth. Is that what the NL was intended to be , a platform for new youngsters ?

Yes of course. But !!! They have to be available and to a certain standard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

What's wrong with a team like this... And that's assuming that the points limit doesn't drop, which it no doubt will

1 Max Clegg 10.14
2 Joe Alcock 3.00 
3 Josh Embleton 4.83
4 Jamie Halder 4.63
10.40?
6 Archie Freeman 3.00
7 Danny Smith 3.00

Total:                                       39.00?

And if Max doesn't want to ride NL because Wolves snap him up or something, then there's the likes of Alfie Bowtell who will be looking for a team now with Plymouth no doubt in the Championship. Leon Flint was lined up to ride for the Gems last season.

And then there's other local riders mentioned such as

Jack Flynn

Dean Douglas

Elliot Kelly

Luke Ruddick

Connor Coles

Shelby Rutherford

Kieran Douglas

Some ex Stoke riders there too... It's not IMPOSSIBLE to make an NL team, but is it financially viable

Not sure if Max is allowed/should be allowed now he have a four/five plus CL average and a 2021 CL team place. But I'm sure all the CL #7's will want to ride in the NL.  Alcock averaged 4.36 for Stoke.

Last winners of NL were Leicester: Perks, Hume, Ruddick, Terry-Daly, Embleton/MacDonald and the Thompson twins (who started as 2 pointers) So you only need 2 or 3 established riders to have a viable team.  With all the comebacks who knows who's next? Maybe that's how you end up with a hernia :blink:

For the Sapphires wouldn't Archie and Danny step up to the 500's with Owen Booth and A N Other on the 125's? Did I read somewhere that the lad Trigger (no not that one) who rides in the British Youth Champs was connected to the Diamonds?

Anyways we seem to have hijacked THJ's official thread so apologies for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, enotian said:

Not sure if Max is allowed/should be allowed now he have a four/five plus CL average and a 2021 CL team place. But I'm sure all the CL #7's will want to ride in the NL.  Alcock averaged 4.36 for Stoke.

Last winners of NL were Leicester: Perks, Hume, Ruddick, Terry-Daly, Embleton/MacDonald and the Thompson twins (who started as 2 pointers) So you only need 2 or 3 established riders to have a viable team.  With all the comebacks who knows who's next? Maybe that's how you end up with a hernia :blink:

For the Sapphires wouldn't Archie and Danny step up to the 500's with Owen Booth and A N Other on the 125's? Did I read somewhere that the lad Trigger (no not that one) who rides in the British Youth Champs was connected to the Diamonds?

Anyways we seem to have hijacked THJ's official thread so apologies for that.

I think kieran Douglas is probably 1 of the most unluckiest lads to be overlooked for a NL spot especially after  Buxton closed 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I think kieran Douglas is probably 1 of the most unluckiest lads to be overlooked for a NL spot especially after  Buxton closed 

What about Josh Embleton ?

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

What about Josh Embleton ?

Yeah josh is unlucky ! On a championship spot so far but I'm sure he will feature in the national league at some point like he did from 2017 to 2019 with Stoke Birmingham & Leicester... If the speedway starts ?

• Like 3

On 1/23/2021 at 8:13 PM, Gazc said:

You sure your cut out for this , sit down have a beer light a cigar and watch some re-runs of only fools and horses.

High blood pressure should start to drop quickly I would have thought.

Och aye that was no a bad idea ya had there...

The beer's were very welcome but no cigars as I have never smoked and don't intend to start now and on the choice of viewing I prefer something a bit more educational like "Rab C Nesbit" as it gives an insight into the Glasgee psyche and mentality and also goes someway into explaining some of the pish that gets posted on here... do ya ken what a mean there Gash... (or is it Wee Burney)…

#sadface #sadface #confusedface #threeamigos #threestoogies #threesuckholes...

Regards

THJ

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Och aye that was no a bad idea ya had there...

The beer's were very welcome but no cigars as I have never smoked and don't intend to start now and on the choice of viewing I prefer something a bit more educational like "Rab C Nesbit" as it gives an insight into the Glasgee psyche and mentality and also goes someway into explaining some of the pish that gets posted on here... do ya ken what a mean there Gash... (or is it Wee Burney)…

#sadface #sadface #confusedface #threeamigos #threestoogies #threesuckholes...

Regards

THJ

Rab C was for the older generation with no sense of humour , so my old Da told me I have no recollection of this Rab C person you speak of.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Rab C was for the older generation with no sense of humour , so my old Da told me I have no recollection of this Rab C person you speak of.

What about MARY DOLL 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Your kid said you went to school with him... and him an his gang used to drink in your pub....

Regards 

THJ 

3 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Said the man with verbal diarrhoea.

Oh not sure if it's #sadface or #confusedface but it ain't a show without punch... 

If you take two Imodium that should sort your problem.out Biffa... should be enough to dry you out...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy

32 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Your kid said you went to school with him... and him an his gang used to drink in your pub....

Regards 

THJ 

He was barred , No string vests were allowed.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Gazc said:

He was barred , No string vests were allowed.

Lol... I was looking for that other show from up there with the old timers in which I used to watch and was also hilarious but a cant for the life of me remember what it was called... any ideas?

Regards 

THJ