British Speedway Forum
enotian

Who are the Rising Stars?

On 2/1/2021 at 8:55 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Its not good though Dave is it... release the idea with nothing sorted... you would have thought everything would have been resolved and all parties knew what was happening with regards to set up roll out how it was going to run and operate... especially the riders... but is this not just typical of the BSPL 

There is one guy on there I know who had to ask to be put on the list... and I can't for the life of me understand how he ended up as a 2* rider... not had a full season as a pro that's for sure...

Regards 

THJ 

On 2/1/2021 at 9:13 PM, Tsunami said:

Nope. Those 6 riders were missed off the list that was copied and posted by Bigred as I said. That's it.

That's where you go wrong John. Stating and assuming things not true to not like the scheme. Has Rob not trusted you with the info?

BSPA haven't released the scheme just that there was a scheme...... the riders were all issued with the fuller document late last week.... so he asked and was put on so what's the problem....  

Much easier being a critic these days :D

By the way can you clarify who you are talking about here because I think you have the wrong rider... I definitely don't think you know who I am on about and as such have rumbled off on a tantrum here when we are taking about different people...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I've got to question what is the purpose of having 1* riders instead of the original plan of 2* being the lowest?

What can be gained by making it harder for 2.00 riders who have had a Champ season to get a spot than a complete newcomer?

It could end up that each year 2* riders get dropped for 1* to leave more room at the top of the team! Any truly promising junior Palin etc is likely to average above 3.00 & become a 3* rider!

As I understand it for team building purposes minimum is a 2 so if a team have a 1 star it's still counts as 2 example jordan and joe and Dan 

13 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

As I understand it for team building purposes minimum is a 2 so if a team have a 1 star it's still counts as 2 example jordan and joe and Dan 

Only in Speedway:rolleyes:

Only in Speedway can there be calls for youth development and calls against the weakening of the leagues and a plan is put in place to make a right fist of both. One of the best ruling implemented for years was the minimum standard required to be a PL rider. Why is that not being used as a benchmark here? Riders who have achieved a NL average of 6+ for example are eligible for a CL place, then continue with the minimum 4.5 average to become a PL rider. Its been seen time and time again recently where teams build with 6 string riders and the cheapest 7 available gets thrown to the wolves, takes the minimum 3 rides and has their confidence hammered. 

Im all for British riders getting chances and creating opportunities but only for those who have earnt the right and are proving they can make the grade. Filling teams with riders just because they are cheap, local, compliant is not going to benefit them or the sport in any way. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

So what is the point of a 1* rider, if they are actually 2* riders? That makes no sense at all :blink:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

By the way can you clarify who you are talking about here because I think you have the wrong rider... I definitely don't think you know who I am on about and as such have rumbled off on a tantrum here when we are taking about different people...

Regards
THJ

Wonder if the rider in question in now based down south !! & I thought the forum was about opinions not a place for  "Daggers in the back " or as in some cases it's  (ME ME ME & even if I'm wrong I'm always wright ) looking forward to the day when we meet up with them to have a adult debate & get things off the owld string vest... 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Najjer said:

So what is the point of a 1* rider, if they are actually 2* riders? That makes no sense at all :blink:

1 is a rider who has done National league but not championship 

On 2/1/2021 at 12:54 PM, mac101 said:

E Perks ave last year was just over 6 and K Bickleys was just over 3 but in the same grade 

Josh Bates similar.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Josh Bates similar.

Am I right in assuming that they are signed on their present average though.? even though they are considered “ rising stars”

Edited by Fromafar

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Am I right in assuming that they are signed on their present average though.? even though they are considered “ rising stars”

In the CL yes.  Because 4* doesn't apply to the CL.

No in the PL. Where they'll all be 4* regardless of previous PL average.

I see Anders Rowe seems to be the first to have jumped ship.  Looks to be in the Ipswich 1-6.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

1 is a rider who has done National league but not championship 

What does it matter? They are all treated 2* riders from what you said - so they are basically 1* riders but treated like 2*.... clear as mud ey? :blink:

I’ve said this before, the idea and theory behind this scheme is actually a good one. Like with most things done by the BSPL it seems like the execution is a bad and over complicated one to what should be a quite simple solution, effective and basic system.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Najjer said:

You speak the truth!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

You speak the truth!

53 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

You speak the truth!

Refreshing to read rather than most points on this page

So rising stars come through training track & after meeting rides etc so if any 1 can help out with any sort of equipment for 2022 be it from a spare tyrer or to a small type of training bike or a full size 1 that probably will be just sitting in the garage or van gathering dust.. it would be greatly appreciated at any of the local tracks ie Newcastle when hopefully  the new freshly operating promotion get a home of there own & could give local youngsters proper facilities to try this exciting sport....

• Like 1