British Speedway Forum
enotian

Who are the Rising Stars?

I’ll say it again, it is beggars belief a good idea that should have been so simple to implement has turned into an absolute car crash already. Wait until 2022 when the grades are revised and promotors try and shoe horn in certain riders then. What a mess.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

So, who issued the list without checking it? (See Birmingham thread)

I repeat.... What a shambles.

3 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I repeat.... What a shambles.

It'll be ok,,, it might change again for next year. :t:

5 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

So, who issued the list without checking it? (See Birmingham thread)

In fairness riders do have until the 15th respond to whether they want to be included so no need to panic just yet it's only the 11th

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 9:17 AM, secsy1 said:

Connor Bailey not on the list?

Neither are the Thompson Twins from Leicester... nor one or two others... However as stated below...

On 2/11/2021 at 6:53 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

In fairness riders do have until the 15th respond to whether they want to be included so no need to panic just yet it's only the 11th

Why they felt the need to release the list when they have is beyond me...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Neither are the Thompson Twins from Leicester... nor one or two others... However as stated below...

Why they felt the need to release the list when they have is beyond me...

Regards
THJ

maybe to keep a general interest going amongst supporters. but if it was me i would of kept it quiet because it just leads to the usual its wrong, id of done it different it wont work brigade whining about it :D

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

maybe to keep a general interest going amongst supporters. but if it was me i would of kept it quiet because it just leads to the usual its wrong, id of done it different it wont work brigade whining about it :D

Ya right Phil and to be fair I have been one of those detractors as I am not struck on the proposal... however its in and I do hope every club gives it a good go to try and make it work... next year I would suggest will be the make or break of the proposal; and ultimately if it doesn't work folks on the other side cant get the opportunity to say it only failed because there was no "good will" to make it work... if that makes sense? it needs to be embraced fully...

It needs to to be given a good run to see how it pans out... if it works out great and if it falls flat then there is always the next daft idea for us to moan about...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Ya right Phil and to be fair I have been one of those detractors as I am not struck on the proposal... however its in and I do hope every club gives it a good go to try and make it work... next year I would suggest will be the make or break of the proposal; and ultimately if it doesn't work folks on the other side cant get the opportunity to say it only failed because there was no "good will" to make it work... if that makes sense? it needs to be embraced fully...

It needs to to be given a good run to see how it pans out... if it works out great and if it falls flat then there is always the next daft idea for us to moan about...

Regards
THJ

your right in your assessment i have said all along year one is a fudge due to certain teams demanding they kept previous unused team where ever possible. year two will be the deciding factor . only time will tell

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Connor is Australian! born in Western Australia

also has a full british passport 

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

your right in your assessment i have said all along year one is a fudge due to certain teams demanding they kept previous unused team where ever possible. year two will be the deciding factor . only time will tell

What reason do you think makes the year one a fudge.?

46 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What reason do you think makes the year one a fudge.?

My personal opinion is the ratings were set at the levels they are so teams in the main could keep the riders they had already signed . I do believe it's a good thing going forward though as long as the clubs stick to the spirit of it and don't start manipulating it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

My personal opinion is the ratings were set at the levels they are so teams in the main could keep the riders they had already signed . I do believe it's a good thing going forward though as long as the clubs stick to the spirit of it and don't start manipulating it.

Thanks,as for Clubs sticking to the spirit of it, that’s another story:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1