British Speedway Forum
enotian

Who are the Rising Stars?

The determination of what is a rising star does seem a bit arbitary. In particular, the CMA(s) previously achieved. The Premiership average cut off of 5.50 does seem rather high to me. And the CMA achieved in the Championship vs the Premiership makes no sense. There is an established multiplier between the two leagues i.e. 1.5 Yet you're allowed to have a Championship CMA up to 6.50 as opposed to a Premiership CMA of 5.50. Either it should be 5.50 x 1.5 = 8.25 in the Championship which is silly. Or it shoud be 6.50 / 1.5 = 4.33 in the Premiership.

Maybe it's just me.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, False dawn said:

The determination of what is a rising star does seem a bit arbitary. In particular, the CMA(s) previously achieved. The Premiership average cut off of 5.50 does seem rather high to me. And the CMA achieved in the Championship vs the Premiership makes no sense. There is an established multiplier between the two leagues i.e. 1.5 Yet you're allowed to have a Championship CMA up to 6.50 as opposed to a Premiership CMA of 5.50. Either it should be 5.50 x 1.5 = 8.25 in the Championship which is silly. Or it shoud be 6.50 / 1.5 = 4.33 in the Premiership.

Maybe it's just me.

It’s not just you.....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Maybe it's just me.

It really wouldn't be UK Speedway without a rule already in situ, and it not being followed, would it?

I presume there must have been some glaring example(s) where certain teams couldn't then get certain riders if they followed the conversion rules?

So they didn't...

In the interest of Speedway obviously:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv

11 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Maybe it's just me.

While Josh Bates qualifies as a "rising star" it's believable the restrictions put in place were designed to allow him entry!

1) 24 as of the 1st January of the current year (Bates turned 25 in February)

2) have an average under a Premiership League CMA of 5.50 (Bates is 5.07), or under a Championship League CMA of 6.50 (Bates is 6.19).

Now if these regulations stay in place for 2022, I'll trust all is above board, however if the "rising star" requirements change It'll be very suspicious!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While Josh Bates qualifies as a "rising star" it's believable the restrictions put in place were designed to allow him entry!

1) 24 as of the 1st January of the current year (Bates turned 25 in February)

2) have an average under a Premiership League CMA of 5.50 (Bates is 5.07), or under a Championship League CMA of 6.50 (Bates is 6.19).

Now if these regulations stay in place for 2022, I'll trust all is above board, however if the "rising star" requirements change It'll be very suspicious!

All in the” best interest of the sport rule” comes into play.

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Does anyone know what happens if a teams rising star is out injured?

Presume there is a subsidiary "black hole" list full of dormant old rising stars

35 minutes ago, lewy said:

Presume you could have another rising star as a guest.!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lewy said:

1. Any guest with ave between something and something else.

2. As long as they were born on a protected riding day for UK Speedway e.g. Monday or Thursday

3. or if born on a weekend that had 31 days in that month. 

4. Or born in a leap year

5. Is left handed 

6. Is related to a BSPA employee 

7. Special dispensation if any above cannot be met

Hope that helps :t:

2 hours ago, False dawn said:

Maybe it's just me.

Not only is the 5.50 / 6.50 an odd choice of cut-off it also means a 6.49 & 3.51 Championship rider are the same grade 4!

The rising stars signings for the Premiership clubs makes sense in most cases, but with no dis-respect to the riders intended, how on earth Josh Bates and Tom Bacon can be described as rising stars is beyond me. They have clubs yet someone like Leon Flint is left on the sidelines.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, screm said:

The rising stars signings for the Premiership clubs makes sense in most cases, but with no dis-respect to the riders intended, how on earth Josh Bates and Tom Bacon can be described as rising stars is beyond me. They have clubs yet someone like Leon Flint is left on the sidelines.

Don’t think you can ride in 3 leagues and with the likes of Leon and Kyle both doing NL and championship they can’t but maybe guest 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Don’t think you can ride in 3 leagues and with the likes of Leon and Kyle both doing NL and championship they can’t but maybe guest 

Who says that Leon and Kyle are doing NL ?

if they got PL rising star places, maybe they wouldn’t do NL

6 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Who says that Leon and Kyle are doing NL ?

if they got PL rising star places, maybe they wouldn’t do NL

The way the NL points limit appears to have been cut maybe they won't be able to do it.....

• Like 1