British Speedway Forum
enotian

Who are the Rising Stars?

20 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Who says that Leon and Kyle are doing NL ?

if they got PL rising star places, maybe they wouldn’t do NL

At the moment Leon is with Armadale and Kyle is  with belle vue if they were picked they might have dropped out the NL but as they have not been picked  pretty sure they will still do NL 

Edited by mac101

39 minutes ago, mac101 said:

At the moment Leon is with Armadale and Kyle is  with belle vue if they were picked they might have dropped out the NL but as they have not been picked  pretty sure they will still do NL 

Wouldn't know about how keen Kyle Bickley was to do Premiership this season but I know Leon was very keen, sadly for him the phone didn't ring.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lewy said:

Does anyone know what happens if a teams rising star is out injured?

There's loads of them on the list.  And on the basis that the whole idea is to encourage the progression of more young UK riders it seems obvious that you'll pick an available rising star from the list while your star is injured.

So yes, it'll definitely be guests and Jordan Palin will have ridden for every CL team by the end of May :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

While Josh Bates qualifies as a "rising star" it's believable the restrictions put in place were designed to allow him entry!

1) 24 as of the 1st January of the current year (Bates turned 25 in February)

2) have an average under a Premiership League CMA of 5.50 (Bates is 5.07), or under a Championship League CMA of 6.50 (Bates is 6.19).

Now if these regulations stay in place for 2022, I'll trust all is above board, however if the "rising star" requirements change It'll be very suspicious!

Love this.

I wonder if this is what becoming a Pro Star Status is all about? 

I seem to recall Josh Auty was one of those in the Redcar changing rooms back in the day :) if you add an 'n' and shuffle the r and the o 

Apologies if this has already been asked or covered but does anyone know what happens regarding these rising stars .Will they stay at No7 all season ? Or will they move up into the main part of the team if they do well.? What will happen if they get injured , who can replace them?

Young lads being used and abused yet again to bring costs down, hidden under the cover of we care about young British speedway riders!! 
But..Josh Bates a rising star? Do me a favour, Hes been around for years.

Theres hope for Wilko and Geoff Pusey yet!!:nono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Young lads being used and abused yet again to bring costs down, hidden under the cover of we care about young British speedway riders!! 
But..Josh Bates a rising star? Do me a favour, Hes been around for years.

Theres hope for Wilko and Geoff Pusey yet!!:nono:

What about the”young lad” Cuthbert at Glasgow:P

• Haha 1