British Speedway Forum
enotian

Who are the Rising Stars?

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

There is nothing to say a rider has to get to the next star in a season bu there is a time and age limit on it at this moment. As I understand it once a rider has completed a minimum amount of years in he professional leagues he will lose the star grading protection of riding at reserve. National league is not classed as professional as I understand it

I suppose the Team can drop him though if he has not had the season they expected.?

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I suppose the Team can drop him though if he has not had the season they expected.?

Yep or decide to retain him if progressing well. My hope is that teams who have a rider who progresses well enough to move out of the system because of experience or averages is kept on in the main body rather than being replaced the following year for a foreign rider just to increase the asset base.

25 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Can't see how Buckley can be the same grade as Perks / Bates & a higher grade than Kemp / Flint!

Due to riders average at time of selection for the scheme 

25 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Can't see how Buckley can be the same grade as Perks / Bates & a higher grade than Kemp / Flint!

kyle bickley above flint & kemp is someone on drugs 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, GAH said:

Bickley will never be much more than an NDL heat leader. Flint and Kemp will be PL heat leaders in time, possibly make good careers in Poland. 

Flint can go a long way in the Sport

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Whilst it’s about time they encouraged the kids into teams this scheme has some major flaws. The lad I help is wondering why he signed for his local club if he’s not going to ride for them because of the draft system? And if he doesn’t do as he’s told by the scheme  have you read the consequences ?

BIgred, when he copied the list,  missed 6 riders off

Archie Freeman, George Rotherby, Gregor Millar, James Chattin, Macauley Leek  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, GAH said:

Yea unfortunately he seems to have lost his way a bit, maybe a bit of too much too soon, or maybe if the season starts Kyle can prove he is on the right list ?

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

Bickley will never be much more than an NDL heat leader. Flint and Kemp will be PL heat leaders in time, possibly make good careers in Poland. 

Flint can go a long way in the Sport

hopefully he will be Aces rising star he rode for the colts and said he would love to ride for b/vue in the future !!

9 hours ago, Najjer said:

Why haven’t they published the list on their site to stop any speculation, or as you put it ‘arguments and negativity’?

Teams are signing riders so the list must be finalised.... why the secrecy again?!

Because that is the list that has gone to all those mentioned and asking the riders if they want to join the system. No good publishing the list for critics like you, rather wait till the list is formal and then publish it. That's how business is done, not lashed out to just to satisfy the critics.:D  

Edited by Tsunami
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

bEcause that is the list that has gone to all those mentioned and asking the riders if they want to join the system. No good publishing the list for critics like you, rather wait till the list is formal and then publish it. That's how business is done, not lashed out to just to satisfy the critics.:D  

Its not good though Dave is it... release the idea with nothing sorted... you would have thought everything would have been resolved and all parties knew what was happening with regards to set up roll out how it was going to run and operate... especially the riders... but is this not just typical of the BSPL 

There is one guy on there I know who had to ask to be put on the list... and I can't for the life of me understand how he ended up as a 2* rider... not had a full season as a pro that's for sure...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

BIgred, when he copied the list,  missed 6 riders off

Archie Freeman, George Rotherby, Gregor Millar, James Chattin, Macauley Leek  

think there’s another full page of riders 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Alcock... giggidy giggidy...

Yep brilliant.... and we bring on all these young kids and they become successful internationally and what's the first thig they will do... no prizes for guessing it will be Poland here I come for the big money so either way you get screwed over... you pay to watch your club to bring them on and get them to an international standard and what's the first thing they do? Go international... I think I am in the Cynical camp... sorry

Regards
THJ

I think those who have devised this plan would be very pleased to see GB lads earning big money in Poland as that would suggest the scheme has 100% worked..

The aim of this has to be getting the national team to the top of the Speedway tree and not whether certain teams may benefit from having a 'young superstar' at number seven for a few years..

The Poles have the right idea in that no matter how good their number six and sevens are (U21 World Champs some of them), they stay in that position..

Winning any Speedway competition over here doesnt mean much currently so it doesnt really matter if any team "gets lucky" with their RS riders...

What does matter is in five years or so time, that GB is putting the Union Jack on the top step of the podium regularly at SON's, GP's and U21 World Championships..

As has been proved by other minority sports that have targeted international success above domestic club focus. This national success will 100% get the sport the publicity it needs to thrive and grow..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GAH said:

Averages tell you they should really be the same grade IMO.Irrespective of what the future holds.

• Like 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

Averages tell you they should really be the same grade IMO.Irrespective of what the future holds.

having watched both riders ride for the colts flint is way far better by a country mile !!

2 minutes ago, mac101 said:

think there’s another full page of riders 

Nope. Those 6 riders were missed off the list that was copied and posted by Bigred as I said. That's it.

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Its not good though Dave is it... release the idea with nothing sorted... you would have thought everything would have been resolved and all parties knew what was happening with regards to set up roll out how it was going to run and operate... especially the riders... but is this not just typical of the BSPL 

There is one guy on there I know who had to ask to be put on the list... and I can't for the life of me understand how he ended up as a 2* rider... not had a full season as a pro that's for sure...

Regards 

THJ 

That's where you go wrong John. Stating and assuming things not true to not like the scheme. Has Rob not trusted you with the info?

BSPA haven't released the scheme just that there was a scheme...... the riders were all issued with the fuller document late last week.... so he asked and was put on so what's the problem....  

Much easier being a critic these days :D