Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
enotian

Who are the Rising Stars?

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe just an investigation into how the FIM today published the draft list??!!  Albeit Somerset's fixtures are still included!!

Anyone got a link to these fixtures? Tried to locate but unable to do so..

1 hour ago, screm said:

Someone might want to point out to them that Somerset have pulled out of racing for this season.

says somerset will maybe changed to Plymouth if they move up 

1 hour ago, screm said:

Someone might want to point out to them that Somerset have pulled out of racing for this season.

Lot more to worry about than the fixture list.IMO.

• Haha 1

If we get any speedway to watch, I wonder if the stadiums will be allowed to open the bars. Would consider going to away matches & stopping over if they can give me the option of a good pi$$ up.

• Like 2

Got to admire the BSPA for coming up with yet another version of compelling teams to track a young junior rider.The intent is good....but don’t see any signs the “rising star” system has been thought through. 

It’s a 5 year system apparently .... how does that work? 

2  3 and 4 star grading sounds like a recipe for endless dispute between rival promoters. 

What happens when your rising star rises to a heat leader does he stay at reserve.. or into the team ...where does he go at the end of the season ? If your rising star sadly fails or is injured ...can he be replaced with another rising star? 

Think everyone will be pisces’d  off halfway through the season when ad hoc rules are invented to manage rising stars who are all over the solar system. 

• Like 5

On 1/30/2021 at 12:27 PM, Skidder1 said:

Maybe just an investigation into how the FIM today published the draft list??!!  Albeit Somerset's fixtures are still included!!

Another utter shambles. Draft fixtures or not, if only the BSPL had been transparent after the AGM and made an announcement to say fixtures would be released once confirmed.... why do they have to wait until a cock up has been made and then try to cover their tracks?

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Got to admire the BSPA for coming up with yet another version of compelling teams to track a young junior rider.The intent is good....but don’t see any signs the “rising star” system has been thought through. 

It’s a 5 year system apparently .... how does that work? 

2  3 and 4 star grading sounds like a recipe for endless dispute between rival promoters. 

What happens when your rising star rises to a heat leader does he stay at reserve.. or into the team ...where does he go at the end of the season ? If your rising star sadly fails or is injured ...can he be replaced with another rising star? 

Think everyone will be pisces’d  off halfway through the season when ad hoc rules are invented to manage rising stars who are all over the solar system. 

Riders are being signed and yet the “rising star” list is already a great mystery for the fans expected to part with their cash to see these riders. Why the big secrecy all the time??

9 hours ago, Najjer said:

Riders are being signed and yet the “rising star” list is already a great mystery for the fans expected to part with their cash to see these riders. Why the big secrecy all the time??

Rising stars are not a mystery the rules for 2021 were written so the majority of the teams could if able to go with there 2020 team Poole I believe being the only anomaly as they had two Aussie riders at reserve. After 2021 the system going forward will be an excellent opportunity for young British riders as it constantly keeps open the reserve berths for them. Only thing I see in it is there no compulsion for teams to keep riders in the teams after they no longer fulfil the criteria to be on the rising star scheme. 
yes there will be some tweaking but from what I have seen it's well thought out 

With Allen withdrawing from the Scunny team I would not be surprised if Godfrey tries to drop the total points limit .

56 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Rising stars are not a mystery the rules for 2021 were written so the majority of the teams could if able to go with there 2020 team Poole I believe being the only anomaly as they had two Aussie riders at reserve. After 2021 the system going forward will be an excellent opportunity for young British riders as it constantly keeps open the reserve berths for them. Only thing I see in it is there no compulsion for teams to keep riders in the teams after they no longer fulfil the criteria to be on the rising star scheme. 
yes there will be some tweaking but from what I have seen it's well thought out 

Edinburgh also having to change team 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pinny said:

With Allen withdrawing from the Scunny team I would not be surprised if Godfrey tries to drop the total points limit .

please remember all decisions are made by all promoters just announced by Mr Godfrey.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bigred said:

Untitled.jpg

Its not April 1st is it? Bacon, Stoneman, Andrews, Woolley, Verge, Bowen even on the list. These guys have been around forever. Dugard & JPB making a return? and thats without the major question marks over the grading and ability like how Palin & the Thompsons end up on 1 star (apart from being in Godfrey/Bates teams). How are Flint & Kemp 3 stars but Rowe and Bickley 4 stars? 

I didn't think this system would have any credibility and yet again this above draft would confirm it.....no wonder the sport is a laughing stock!

• Like 1