British Speedway Forum
enotian

Who are the Rising Stars?

8 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Its not April 1st is it? Bacon, Stoneman, Andrews, Woolley, Verge, Bowen even on the list. These guys have been around forever. Dugard & JPB making a return? and thats without the major question marks over the grading and ability like how Palin & the Thompsons end up on 1 star (apart from being in Godfrey/Bates teams). How are Flint & Kemp 3 stars but Rowe and Bickley 4 stars? 

I didn't think this system would have any credibility and yet again this above draft would confirm it.....no wonder the sport is a laughing stock!

oh give over, we need riders and thats what they are. Its 4 blokes going round in circles, cut the whingeing everyone

when D2 started in 1968 the teams had loads of 'no hopers', blokes who'd struggled to get in pl teams and they did ok, 2nd strings, reserves - needed as much as heat leaders. I'm loth to mention names but 55yrs plus folks will know the sort of blokes i mean.

Edited by ch958
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Its not April 1st is it? Bacon, Stoneman, Andrews, Woolley, Verge, Bowen even on the list. These guys have been around forever. Dugard & JPB making a return? and thats without the major question marks over the grading and ability like how Palin & the Thompsons end up on 1 star (apart from being in Godfrey/Bates teams). How are Flint & Kemp 3 stars but Rowe and Bickley 4 stars? 

I didn't think this system would have any credibility and yet again this above draft would confirm it.....no wonder the sport is a laughing stock!

I’ve said before, why are there even grades for? Because this is the type of thing that will happen. How Anders Rowe is a 4 star grade is an absolute laughing stock.

1 minute ago, ch958 said:

oh give over, we need riders and thats what they are. Its 4 blokes going round in circles, cut the whingeing

But why is it so complicated? Why not say 0 years Champ experience 1 Star, 1 Year experience 2 stars etc. PL Experience 3 Stars min. All riders under 30 are eligible. Verge has ridden for 10 years, Harrison hasn't been on a 500.  Naming individual riders and putting them into grades is opening it all up for criticism. There is still no incentive for any of the clubs that need the riders to get involved with the development of emerging riders, thats where the progression and success of the system will come from.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Rising stars are not a mystery the rules for 2021 were written so the majority of the teams could if able to go with there 2020 team Poole I believe being the only anomaly as they had two Aussie riders at reserve. After 2021 the system going forward will be an excellent opportunity for young British riders as it constantly keeps open the reserve berths for them. Only thing I see in it is there no compulsion for teams to keep riders in the teams after they no longer fulfil the criteria to be on the rising star scheme. 
yes there will be some tweaking but from what I have seen it's well thought out 

Whilst it’s about time they encouraged the kids into teams this scheme has some major flaws. The lad I help is wondering why he signed for his local club if he’s not going to ride for them because of the draft system? And if he doesn’t do as he’s told by the scheme  have you read the consequences ?

46 minutes ago, bigred said:

Untitled.jpg

Ellis ,Bates,Perks,Greaves,Stoneman,Bowtell,Coles and a few another’s have been around long enough(not rising stars).Ellis ,Clegg and Bates should not even be bracketed in the same as most of the others.Bit farcical IMO.That’s what happens when you introduce phrases like “rising stars” .Nothing easy for BSPA.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Whilst it’s about time they encouraged the kids into teams this scheme has some major flaws. The lad I help is wondering why he signed for his local club if he’s not going to ride for them because of the draft system? And if he doesn’t do as he’s told by the scheme  have you read the consequences ?

The consequences should be published along with the list. The asset system is largely flawed and i fail to see why many riders sign for clubs/local clubs other than being given a sensible financial incentive. Being restricted by a club that could affect any riders development despite that club having zero interest is just daft.

49 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

funny thing, saw a copy of this a few weeks ago and Palin and  Joe Thompson were 2 Star and Dan Thompson 1 Star.

you are probably very accurate in your conspiracy theory.

I think the big mistake is to have genuine "Rising Stars" and "solid NDL performers who have been around a fair while" on the same programme. Not compatible for a serious attempt to deliver a proper programme. 

It all adds to view of a lot that NDL is being quietly ditched.

• Like 1

Just going slightly off topic, noticed that J P Blackburn listed. Is he still competing?  Not heard much about him lately. 

3 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Just going slightly off topic, noticed that J P Blackburn listed. Is he still competing?  Not heard much about him lately. 

would love to see the lad back at Brummies but I think our needs are more established heat leader / top second string.

1 hour ago, bigred said:

Untitled.jpg

Is this a real official list as there is no official BSPL/SCB logo to be seen?  Or is it simply someone's attempt for further debate/argument/negativity?

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Is this a real official list as there is no official BSPL/SCB logo to be seen?  Or is it simply someone's attempt for further debate/argument/negativity?

Why haven’t they published the list on their site to stop any speculation, or as you put it ‘arguments and negativity’?

Teams are signing riders so the list must be finalised.... why the secrecy again?!

2 hours ago, bigred said:

Untitled.jpg

will the 4* get a new reassessed  ave ? in the championship 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

That’s what I was also wondering.Or is it a wind up.

E Perks ave last year was just over 6 and K Bickleys was just over 3 but in the same grade 

Edited by mac101