British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pleasureboy60

1990 Junior challenge matches

Would anyone have any information with reference to Peterborough's junior team in the 1990 season. As far as I'm aware they were not in any particular junior league but they did take part in some junior challenge matches. I have details for the matches at Wimbledon 25/07 and Arena Essex 14/07. Does anyone know if they were involved in anymore. 

Peterborough took part in the National Junior League (Central) in 1990 finishing last out of 6 teams with 7 points from 10 matches.  They rode home and away against Ipswich, Long Eaton, Milton Keynes, Rye House and Stoke.

The league matches against Long Eaton were:

27th July - Peterborough 20 - 09 Long Eaton

26th September - Long Eaton 15 - 15 Peterborough

In addition, Long Eaton and Peterborough also faced each other in home and away challenge matches as follows:

28th March - Long Eaton 09 - 14 Peterborough

30th March - Peterborough 13 - 17 Long Eaton

On 5th October Peterborough hosted a junior 4tt.

Peterborough 15 Long Eaton 28 Arena-Essex 26 Ipswich 24

Speedway Star gave scorers for the league matches and I have marked programmes for some of the junior matches featuring Long Eaton. 

Let me know if you want me to provide extra information from the Star or my marked programmes

The 14th July and 25th July matches you mentioned both featured Glasgow in the main match.  If you have the junior heat details, Dave Allan (daveallan81) would be interested in them for his Speedway Researcher files.