British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

SGB 2021 premiership confirmed lineups

6 minutes ago, hyderd said:

That hasn't been proven yet and with covid still hanging around, if and I mean IF, we do get any speedway crowds could well be lower because people may decide to air on the side of caution this season.

And with quarantine hotels starting next week, actually getting riders to the meetings could be an issue if they are still around in May. Which if they follow the 'Aussie Model' they still will be...

You could end up with just a pool of UK based riders guesting every night in both leagues to complete the fixtures...

Another question mark being therefore whether enough punters would fork out £20 or so to watch it...

The promoters will need some support and goodwill this year I feel to complete the season in a league format..

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

And with quarantine hotels starting next week, actually getting riders to the meetings could be an issue if they are still around in May. Which if they follow the 'Aussie Model' they still will be...

You could end up with just a pool of UK based riders guesting every night in both leagues to complete the fixtures...

Another question mark being therefore whether enough punters would fork out £20 or so to watch it...

The promoters will need some support and goodwill this year I feel to complete the season in a league format..

proffesional sports  people  are exempt if they have had a test  which they all will have coming back from polish matches !!!

1 hour ago, GAH said:

proffesional sports  people  are exempt if they have had a test  which they all will have coming back from polish matches !!!

Check out what is happening at the very top of football  - whilst what you say has been expected to date it doesnt seem to be guaranteed going forward....

2 hours ago, GAH said:

A plane full of Aussie open Tennis players had to quarantine after one person on their plane had a positive test on arrival...

After all had been tested, and all negative, before they left...

And they all had to form a bubble together not drip feed into the country individually, which Speedway riders will invariably do...

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Check out what is happening at the very top of football  - whilst what you say has been expected to date it doesnt seem to be guaranteed going forward....

didn't stop new chelsea manager flying in same day and straight to training ground people need to lighten up and be positive to many grim reapers on here  :rofl:

Edited by GAH
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

A plane full of Aussie open Tennis players had to quarantine after one person on their plane had a positive test on arrival...

After all had been tested, and all negative, before they left...

And they all had to form a bubble together not drip feed into the country individually, which Speedway riders will invariably do...

ok grim reaper jesus think positive its not end of the world :rofl:

Edited by GAH

3 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Double trouble at the aces thus year 

lot of trouble for all the teams :t:

Edited by GAH
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Any premiership places left for Richard Lawson, Wolverhampton , Peterborough ?

I think so,probably not those two though.We will have to wait and see but he is bound to get a place.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Any premiership places left for Richard Lawson, Wolverhampton , Peterborough ?

Wolves have there 1 to 7 already.

• Like 1

Belle vue to replace bewley who's going to stay in poland... and a 5.00er to replace jye at reserve to make up the missing points... that's my prediction

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Wolves have there 1 to 7 already.

Ok, hard to keep up with teams line ups, confirmed team places would help.

50 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Belle vue to replace bewley who's going to stay in poland... and a 5.00er to replace jye at reserve to make up the missing points... that's my prediction

Will be plenty more changes / riders following suit i suspect. Watch out for a team building rule change before May 17th

• Like 2