British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

37 minutes ago, Barry The Cat said:

Crump next, they obviously have a few quid to burn.  

That would be quite the signing! Bums on seats for sure

• Like 1

I would like to congratulate Plymouth 'Gladiators' on the great signing of Bjarne Petersen. I hope the 'Gladiators do really well in the coming Season. :t:

I loved the City of Plymouth as a boy, I will follow their progress from afar, with interest. B)

I met a few folks from Plymouth at Brough Park, Newcastle some years ago, we had great craic. :)

Very best of luck to you all in the coming Season. You deserve it. :t:

• Like 3

So if they sign crump on a similar average how much will they left for rest of team..? 

45 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

I would like to congratulate Plymouth 'Gladiators' on the great signing of Bjarne Petersen. I hope the 'Gladiators do really well in the coming Season. :t:

I loved the City of Plymouth as a boy, I will follow their progress from afar, with interest. B)

I met a few folks from Plymouth at Brough Park, Newcastle some years ago, we had great craic. :)

Very best of luck to you all in the coming Season. You deserve it. :t:

It must have been exciting watching those Pilgrims sail off Ian! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lewy said:

Who says???

A few rumours knocking around about it. 

Clearly Plymouth promotion have ambition so who am i to disbelieve them. 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

I think Jason Crump in the CL would be wishful thinking.   He is only riding in Britain while his son is road-racing at weekends - - Premiership racing on Mondays and Thursdays will suit him fine. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CitizenTyler said:

That would be quite the signing! Bums on seats for sure

Why on earth would Jason Crump sign for Plymouth I thought?

To keep match fit, Tuesdays race day, Track would suit his skill, Close relatives living in Exeter, a prodigee or 2 in the team.

There just might be some millage in this! 

3 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Why on earth would Jason Crump sign for Plymouth I thought?

To keep match fit, Tuesdays race day, Track would suit his skill, Close relatives living in Exeter, a prodigee or 2 in the team.

There just might be some millage in this! 

He would have to ride in the away matches too though.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

If he did come , be a really weak bottom end to the team with the points used on him and Bjarne. 

On 10/02/2021 at 6:15 PM, crescent girl said:

I think Jason Crump in the CL would be wishful thinking.   He is only riding in Britain while his son is road-racing at weekends - - Premiership racing on Mondays and Thursdays will 

Edited by 4 looks good

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I think Jason Crump in the CL would be wishful thinking.   He is only riding in Britain while his son is road-racing at weekends - - Premiership racing on Mondays and Thursdays will suit him fine. 

With the amount of fixtures in the Premiership, he isn’t going to be riding Monday and Thursday every week for starters!

• Like 3

On 10/02/2021 at 6:31 PM, gazzac said:

If he did come , be a really weak bottom end to the team with the points used on 

Edited by 4 looks good

5 hours ago, gazzac said:

If he did come , be a really weak bottom end to the team with the points used on him and Bjarne. 

You would also be bankrupt by the end of 1st season IMO

• Like 1

Plymouth are unfortunately in a position where despite the brilliant news that they are moving up, they have slim pickings with available riders given the amount of riders already signed up, so clearly the promotion are having to be creative and I just hope that whatever team we are able to put together, we can hopefully be competitive and sustainable.

The Bjarne signing for me isn't a particularly  good one if you look at his average and what he's likely to achieve (I reckon he'll average around 8), but he's always been good off the start that will help him massively at Plymouth and he should entice punters both at Plymouth and away to see a former world class rider and someone I've always thought of as a decent bloke. In addition Bjarne will, I'm sure, support any younger riders the team has. He's a 'name' and that's never a bad thing.

I'd expect Plymouth to have a bottom end that includes 2 of the 3 heat leaders that would have lined up last season in the NL (Stoneman, Bowtell, Atkins), personally I'd go for the latter two. Yes that wouldn't be that strong on paper but they are improving and would be competitive at home for sure.

If Crump turns up, well, I think every promoter in the CL should give the Plymouth promotion a massive thumbs up as it would surely swell crowd numbers whenever Plymouth are in town.

Crump or no Crump, my worry is the middle of the team, there just doesn't seem much around in the 5-7 range so it might be a case of taking a punt or two and hoping someone can be unearthed.

• Like 1