British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

So based upon on having 16.33 left for rest of the top 6.

I will go with the following for the finishing line up for Plymouth.

Bradley Wilson Dean 6.00

Josh MacDonald 4.00

Zach Cook 4.00

Henry Atkins 2.00

On the Ipswich thread, they are talking about Jason's CMA being reduced from 8.21 to 8.00, either by another year away from British Speedway or by a British 2.5% reduction :icon_smile_clown:. I know he was born in Bristol but he is an Aussie.

The conversion rate was 1.5 in 2019 moving up .1 per year until it reach 2 over a 5 year plan. 2020 should have been1.6 but since there was no league racing, people thought it would carry over to 2021 but others are saying that the plan is scrapped & is now back to 1.5.

What is the chance of our Rising Star program being axed after 2 years. :rolleyes:

Well it's a bold signing that's for sure but one can't help think the owners are throwing their money around with more focus on winning a trophy than focusing on managing the finances. As someone else has pointed out Workington comes to mind. Very risky for a track that has been operating in the National League and still would be if it had not been for Somerset deciding not to run. 

I wish them luck but I really hope this doesn't end up being a reckless move that will bankrupt the club. British speedway has lost enough tracks over the last decade without losing any more.  

Edited by JamesHarris
  • Like 1

Grade 3 British rider Jack Smith is looking for a team place.

14 minutes ago, spin king said:

So based upon on having 16.33 left for rest of the top 6.

I will go with the following for the finishing line up for Plymouth.

Bradley Wilson Dean 6.00

Josh MacDonald 4.00

Zach Cook 4.00

Henry Atkins 2.00

BWD average is not 6.00 - I can’t remember what it is exactly but it was high 8s when Somerset signed him last year.

12 minutes ago, Najjer said:

BWD average is not 6.00 - I can’t remember what it is exactly but it was high 8s when Somerset signed him last year.

He finished on 5.47 with Peterborough in 2019. So if my maths are correct that woud make him 8.21 at Championship level.

14 minutes ago, Najjer said:

So the average that he attained in 2018 in the Championship does not count, as that states a 6 point average.

That was the last Championship average that I could find for him.

28 minutes ago, screm said:

Signing Crump and Pedersen is a calculated gamble and as long as those looking after the finances at Plymouth have got their sums right there shouldn't be an issue. If they have not Plymouth will be in all kinds of trouble.

Discarding the financial outlay(which is not the fans concern),unless they sign a couple of riders that are going to ride well above there starting average they might struggle.You need more than a big top 2 to win matches IMO.

Didn’t realise Aussies come into the PL on a 4 either, I thought it was 5? 

1 hour ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

I didn't think it was that high 8.20.......

Jason was signed by Ipswich on 8.21 to be precise.

34 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Well it's a bold signing that's for sure but one can't help think the owners are throwing their money around with more focus on winning a trophy than focusing on managing the finances. As someone else has pointed out Workington comes to mind. Very risky for a track that has been operating in the National League and still would be if it had not been for Somerset deciding not to run. 

I wish them luck but I really hope this doesn't end up being a reckless move that will bankrupt the club. British speedway has lost enough tracks over the last decade without losing any more.  

I  dont think the comets threw the money around just 7 lads who clicked and had a hell of a season.

• Like 2

Good Luck to Plymouth and their promotion - certainly got everyone talking about them,

All this fuss about how much it is costing and finances, these are very different times to even two seasons ago, so who  knows what deals have been done, I personally think that both these riders are not looking for big paydays and are more likely to just want to ride and enjoy their "twilight" years. I don't know and have no inside knowledge, but I bet their are other riders in the Championship on better deals 

• Like 2

On 2/10/2021 at 6:17 PM, Ghosty said:

Why on earth would Jason Crump sign for Plymouth I thought?

To keep match fit, Tuesdays race day, Track would suit his skill, Close relatives living in Exeter, a prodigy or 2 in the team.

There just might be some millage in this! 

So I thought it might happen - but amazed it has!!!!!!