British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

Henry Atkins number 7 hopefully

• Like 1

I've no idea tbh the promotion is keeping all guessing, obviously the remaining 5 riders will be lesser names but I just hope they have potential to improve and make the most of being in the same team as crump and pedersen who between them have so much knowledge and experience to pass on it will hold them in good shape for a bright future 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Henry Atkins number 7 hopefully

I think that will come in time. I reckon Jake Knight could be in for a return, rides the track well and could add a couple of points onto his average. 

55 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

I reckon sam simota will get slipped in somewhere

I hope not.

Unless he plans to base himself in the UK, can anyone clarify why Bjarne would be allowed to commute in and out of the country from his Danish base given current travel restrictions.

Bjarne has 2 teams in UK 1 team in Denmark with limited amount of fixtures,his UK teams will give him alot more meetings so I would guess if current travel restrictions remain he will base himself over here.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

If memory serves me right Sam Simota was a higher 5 average and would be a good home track rider capable of scoring points at the coleseum, had reliable equipment and was popular with the fans (well most of them) 

5 hours ago, lewy said:

Bjarne has 2 teams in UK 1 team in Denmark with limited amount of fixtures,his UK teams will give him alot more meetings so I would guess if current travel restrictions remain he will base himself over here.

He'll probably be at Middlo's. If not Matt Ford will probably sort something out for him. They are great buddies after all!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Was going to have Newcastle as my Championship team, after the positive impact Rob Grant has had on them. Now Plymouth have come into the league at late notice, & I'm impressed with their enthusiasm as well. Just hope that both teams get a full season with fans, for all the effort they have put in.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Was going to have Newcastle as my Championship team, after the positive impact Rob Grant has had on them. Now Plymouth have come into the league at late notice, & I'm impressed with their enthusiasm as well. Just hope that both teams get a full season with fans, for all the effort they have put in.

Newcastle and Plymouth have the odds seriously stacked against them i think both have done remarkably  in assembling teams to be competitive i,m with you pp Plymouth my team then I will be rooting for the diamonds!

• Like 3

On 2/16/2021 at 7:33 PM, ruckerroo said:

Thought he'd long retired and must be mid to late 30's by now, my everlasting memory of Simota was leaving Mark Loram no room on the outside down the backstraight at Foxhall which left Loram on the stockcar track and the crash finished his career.