British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

41 minutes ago, enotian said:

I thought only the top 4 in the USA championship qualify for a work permit?  They were Max Ruml, Broc Nicol, Billy Janniro and Luke Becker. Dillon Ruml ran 5th.

2020 FIM NORTH AMERICAN FINAL Perris, California 12.12.20 | Speedway Updates (proboards.com)

You may be right, I had top 5 in my mind.

3 hours ago, enotian said:

I thought only the top 4 in the USA championship qualify for a work permit?  They were Max Ruml, Broc Nicol, Billy Janniro and Luke Becker. Dillon Ruml ran 5th.

2020 FIM NORTH AMERICAN FINAL Perris, California 12.12.20 | Speedway Updates (proboards.com)

According to the doc on the SpeedwayGB website, the qualifying criteria for 2019 and 2020 were:

United States individual AMA Championships Top 4
American Final Top 4
AMA Nationals Top 4

I can't see a doc for 2021 and I'm not sure that all these events were held last year.

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

According to the doc on the SpeedwayGB website, the qualifying criteria for 2019 and 2020 were:

American Final Top 4
AMA Nationals Top 4

I can't see a doc for 2021 and I'm not sure that all these events were held last year.

If they end up being the same rider in different comps, does the work permit qualification rules move down to the next placed rider? Which could make Ruml eligible by finishing 5th. 

9 hours ago, HenryW said:

American Final Top 4
AMA Nationals Top 4

The FIM North American Final was held (see enotian's link)

The AMA sanctioned National championship was not held.

The SRA sanctioned National championship ( a Costa Mesa event) was not staged

The US Open (an East Coast event) was staged (see https://www.speedwaybikes.com/res2020_o/Champion-20200906.htm )

Champion New York also staged something called the Outlaw US National (look who came third!! https://www.speedwaybikes.com/res2020_o/Champion-20201011.htm )

For work permit purposes only the first of these matters.

20 hours ago, Islander15 said:

How old is he?

He'll be 22 on March 4th

• Like 1

Dillon Ruml it is. Anyone have any ideas what points are left for the remaining riders?

1 hour ago, gmuncie said:

Did the question of if he qualifys for a work permit ever get answered? 

I think it depends on the interpretation of rules, the current version of which none of us has seen.

So the answer is - we have no idea, but I think a strong case can be made.

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Dillon Ruml it is. Anyone have any ideas what points are left for the remaining riders?

I could be very wrong but I work it out as 3.62. If Rumul and cook come in on 4 each. 

I wonder if Billy Janneiro gave up his qualification spot leaving Dillon to be promoted into Visa positions

45 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

I could be very wrong but I work it out as 3.62. If Rumul and cook come in on 4 each. 

5.61 left as far as I can tell

1. Jason Crump 12.00

2. Zach Cook 4.00

4. Dillon Ruml 4.00

5. Bjarne Pedersen 10.37

6. Alfie Bowtell 3.02

7. Henry Atkins (2*)

Total: 33.39