British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

That would wash if the foreign rider just came in on a 4.00 average and was on a comparable deal to a Brit but when they are sponsored there is accommodation supplied, workshop facilities a guaranteed wage etc. If the emerging Brits were afforded this level of luxury they could they could focus on racing, fitness and bike prep without the additional stresses of having to earn enough to keep a roof over their heads.

All the more reason to increase the 4.00 starting average for new foreign riders. Not a pop at those teams that have taken advantage of this if they can as it's all within the rules. Whilst acknowledging how big a part foreign riders have to play, I think if you're serious about allowing UK riders to progress removing these low averages for foreign riders has to be considered. 

• Like 5

On 2/23/2021 at 8:07 AM, Panthers99 said:

Dillon Ruml it is. Anyone have any ideas what points are left for the remaining riders?

On 2/23/2021 at 10:11 AM, Doners123 said:

I could be very wrong but I work it out as 3.62. If Ruml and cook come in on 4 each. 

On 2/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, Dandelion said:

5.61 left as far as I can tell

5.73 remaining for a foreigner or 5.87 for a Brit

Regards
THJ

Plymouth Gladiators have completed their 2021 line up with 19-year-old Frenchman, Steven Goret.
Marmande born Goret is something of a motorcycling all-rounder, having competed in speedway and longtrack events across Europe, as well as being a keen Motocross rider.
Back in 2015 Goret also competed in the FIM World 250 championship when one of his rivals was Gladiators’ teammate, Henry Atkins, the duo striking up a good friendship.
‘There’s a lot of people saying good things about this young man and he’s certainly a rider with huge potential’, said promoter Mark Phillips. ‘I’m impressed with his track record and am thrilled to have signed him. The lad has a great future and the fact that he also knows Henry will help him settle in’.
As well as riding for the Gladiators, Steven, who has been riding since he was nine years old, will continue to race for his French club Lamothe at their track in South-West France, which is owned by his father and where a Speedway Grand Prix Qualifying round will be staged at the end of May. 

Edited by torpointfanatic22

2 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:
Plymouth Gladiators have completed their 2021 line up with 19-year-old Frenchman, Steven Goret.
Marmande born Goret is something of a motorcycling all-rounder, having competed in speedway and longtrack events across Europe, as well as being a keen Motocross rider.
Back in 2015 Goret also competed in the FIM World 250 championship when one of his rivals was Gladiators’ teammate, Henry Atkins, the duo striking up a good friendship.
‘There’s a lot of people saying good things about this young man and he’s certainly a rider with huge potential’, said promoter Mark Phillips. ‘I’m impressed with his track record and am thrilled to have signed him. The lad has a great future and the fact that he also knows Henry will help him settle in’.
As well as riding for the Gladiators, Steven, who has been riding since he was nine years old, will continue to race for his French club Lamothe at their track in South-West France, which is owned by his father and where a Speedway Grand Prix Qualifying round will be staged at the end of May. 

OMG GORET IS IN BRITISH SPEEDWAY? :D YES!!! This is a rider I've be VERY excited about, and he's signed for one of my teams!! :D So excited... This team is gonna be amazing to watch.

What average do French riders come in on? Is it 4.00 or 5.00?

• Haha 1

I'm not quite as excited as dandelion, but it is a good signing, his 2020 results suggested rapid progress that makes me think he could be a valuable asset to Plymouth if he sticks around

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

OMG GORET IS IN BRITISH SPEEDWAY? :D YES!!! This is a rider I've be VERY excited about, and he's signed for one of my teams!! :D So excited... This team is gonna be amazing to watch.

What average do French riders come in on? Is it 4.00 or 5.00?

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

It'll be 5 won't it? Europeans tend to come in on a 5.

4 it is,he can start  on 5 if you want we got a bit to spare.

This team is certainly going to put bums on seats and it has a look of one which could win handsomely or get clattered on any given day. 

• Like 3

Does anyone know what the visa requirements for EU riders like Goret are?

Now that we have left the EU they must surely have criteria similar to those which US, Australian, Russian, Ukrainian, etc riders have to meet.

As far as Goret is concerned I'm sure a quiet word and a brown envelope to Sarkozy will do the trick!!;)

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As far as Goret is concerned I'm sure a quiet word and a brown envelope to Sarkozy will do the trick!!;)

All sorted i reckon:t:

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

Does anyone know what the visa requirements for EU riders like Goret are?

Now that we have left the EU they must surely have criteria similar to those which US, Australian, Russian, Ukrainian, etc riders have to meet.

its a serious point - the Dept of Employment may very well think that an unproven Frenchman could easily be replaced by an unproven Brit. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ch958 said:

its a serious point - the Dept of Employment may very well think that an unproven Frenchman could easily be replaced by an unproven Brit. 

An unproven Brit wont have an average of 4 ? :) 

I think Plymouth fans will be spoilt by watching JC every week, but I  think they will struggle as a team.....

Hope I'm proved wrong! :t:

Edited by GiveusaB