British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

Cracking performance by Bjarne. I wish him a successful season but not this Tuesday!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

He put his bike in the right place at the right time & we could not find a way past. Great experience & using the blue groove that appeared around heat 9 or 10 to great use.

39 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

He put his bike in the right place at the right time & we could not find a way past. Great experience & using the blue groove that appeared around heat 9 or 10 to great use.

Class,best rider on show

3 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Class,best rider on show

Learnt his track craft at Newcastle.. long time ago & was a class act even then

42 years old and still showing the quickest way around. Like vintage wine.

He was class his first heat if I remember correctly he was leading then got shunted to third and then his craft and skill got himself back into the lead for a deserved win

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

42 years old and still showing the quickest way around. Like vintage wine.

Blue Nunn ? 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cracking performance by Bjarne. I wish him a successful season but not this Tuesday!

A few of us travelled up from Plymouth, well worth all the rain just to watch Bjarne and Jason (Bjarne was out standing) the rest of the Gladiators put a lot of effort in but could not get off the line! A lot more yet to come from Jason, still a very polished rider (every Scunthorpe rider was giving 110 % to try and beat him)!!

First away meeting, first meeting as a team. Flint put 110 % effort in well done and thank you for standing in. The Scunthorpe team had there set up right plus had track time in so had the edge. Fingers crossed the young riders in the Plymouth team get a fair chance to show what they can do.

Yes the track been better.

• Like 4

Getting the in form Flint in for the injured Akins is a handy bonus (i must say i thought it would be an unattached rising star rather than other clubs rider but s a whole other discussion).

Next home meeting is going to be very important for the zero men, its one thing to struggle on the road but if Cook, Ruml and Goret don't get going at home its going to be a long season. 

• Like 1

Limited options as replacements. Andrews is the more obvious "like for like" or wait until the first set of averages apply and Knight is probably a stronger option? The extra points are likely to be needed elsewhere though......

How about Nathan Stoneman or is he off the hook given his reported preference for fishing.

18 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

How about Nathan Stoneman or is he off the hook given his reported preference for fishing.

Nathan Stoneman would be my first choice if available! I did think this season was the break through season for Henry ,just hope he comes back stronger when the time comes.

Like many others I wish him all the very best with the treatment and wish him all the very best with his recovery.

Look forward to your return.

20 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

How about Nathan Stoneman on Henry Atkins bikes - that would be an option! With Mike Atkins as main team sponsor could be a possibility.........

• Haha 1