5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Could be time to say au revoir to one rider and Good Day Mate to another 

Regards 

THJ

What AV does the Aussie come in on

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

What AV does the Aussie come in on

• Like 1

Some damning words from Goret on Facebook, although as ever there are no doubt two sides.

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Some damning words from Goret on Facebook, although as ever there are no doubt two sides.

Absolutely Plymouth invested alot of time and money bringing steven over with visas and work permits,accommodation,workshop etc it was in their own interest for him to succeed, unfortunately the promotion couldn't ride his bikes for him aswell :(

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

For those not on Facebook, this is what he said:

Today I left the Plymouth club, I cannot find my place in this club. I'm alone in England, with no family, and I don't get any help from this club I have to do everything on my own :

I wash my bikes, I prepare them, I do kilometers (11300 on 2 month) to cross the country and all that without a single helping hand. I am alone in everyday life and everyday life in a foreign country is not easy, especially when you are young and without family.

For example, several times I found myself stranded at airports because no one came to pick me up. Today I have to work on my departure but if no one gives me the opportunity it is not possible ... I take this opportunity to thank the few people who made the effort to help me.

I am a fighter and a volunteer Today, all I want is to evolve and learn how to be the best on the slopes.

I’m young and hopeful I need to practice my sport, I need to train every day to be on top.

Unfortunately, it turns out that is not possible with the Plymouth club … It is therefore time for me to leave and find another club, more human and supportive, where I can express my potential to the maximum.

The adventure is not over, stay tuned

Your support is helping me a lot.

Steven

I guess it all boils down to what he was promised when he signed, and of course how accurate the translation is. You would like to think Plymouth have given him all the help they possibly could and have considered his mental health as much as they could. 

He's clearly disappointed but daft to put out a damning release against the Plymouth promotion as it all but knackers any chance he will get with another UK club. The facts are that he wasn't scoring enough points or even getting accolades of being competitive so he got longer with the Gladiators than he would have at many other teams. News flash Steven there are plenty of other riders who wash and prepare their own bikes, do the hard miles and still don't get the opportunities that have been afforded to you. You made the choice to head to another country and pursue your Speedway future and it didn't work out (only down side is that a Brit didn't get the place first time around and still hasn't). But so long, farewell, au revoir and don't let the door hit you on the ar$e on the way out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

He's clearly disappointed but daft to put out a damning release against the Plymouth promotion as it all but knackers any chance he will get with another UK club. The facts are that he wasn't scoring enough points or even getting accolades of being competitive so he got longer with the Gladiators than he would have at many other teams. News flash Steven there are plenty of other riders who wash and prepare their own bikes, do the hard miles and still don't get the opportunities that have been afforded to you. You made the choice to head to another country and pursue your Speedway future and it didn't work out (only down side is that a Brit didn't get the place first time around and still hasn't). But so long, farewell, au revoir and don't let the door hit you on the ar$e on the way out.

A big thank you to our Speedway Multi-national liasion and support Officer for this thoughtful update!:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A big thank you to our Speedway Multi-national liasion and support Officer for this thoughtful update!:rolleyes:

Your welcome. Nation regardless Speedway is tough and brutal and draining. There is a whole lot of work to do behind the scenes and many riders have to do it themselves and certainly much higher regarded ones than an assessed 4 point rider who scored begger all. Goret wanted to race in the UK this year and thanks to covid got a lucky break that he clearly wasn't ready for. Happens most years and yes he has a right to be disappointed but to come out and blame everyone else, the club etc is poor form. Sorry you didn't make the grade, life move on an another rider with (slightly) better credentials takes your place. 

Looking at the latest green sheet it seems to show that Alfie bowtell has moved to the rising star spot in place of Ruddick.

• Haha 1