British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

Thanks for the info B1 and Lewy. When you say it is a couple of miles B4 the bridge, does that mean when coming from Looe will i cross the bridge?.

14 minutes ago, one of clubs said:

Thanks for the info B1 and Lewy. When you say it is a couple of miles B4 the bridge, does that mean when coming from Looe will i cross the bridge?.

Sorry mate I assumed you were coming the opposite direction :rolleyes:

Coming from the midlands, you do not cross the bridge 

the track is literally adjacent to the main road. 
you gi down the A38 until you come  to a roundabout where there is a premier inn. If you were to  turn left it takes you to Plymouth town centre via the A374

You turn tight at the roundabout onto the B3416.Turn left near the McDonald’s onto coypool road following the signs for the park snd ride   You can park there  for free snd it’s s two minute walk to the stadium or, when 200 yards from the park snd ride, follow the road around to the right and under the bridge. Track 400 yards down this road. 
I’d park in the stadium. It’s only £2 snd you just walk into the seating area 

excellent  viewing from either main stand, back straight or bends 3/4 

Worth paying  the extra to sit in the main stand. 
Enjoy your trip 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:50 AM, lewy said:

Sorry mate I assumed you were coming the opposite direction :rolleyes:

Don’t all proper Plymouth fans have to cross the bridge Lewy? :)

33 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Don’t all proper Plymouth fans have to cross the bridge Lewy? :)

Alot do:t:but I wrongly assumed they were Leicester fans :wink:

Plymouth have released Luke ruddick and signed Jack Smith in his place. 

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

Plymouth have released Luke ruddick and signed Jack Smith in his place. 

Wow, that was quick, no wonder there’s a shortage of riders if you can get dumped that fast.

Just now, Fortythirtyeight said:

Wow, that was quick, no wonder there’s a shortage of riders if you can get dumped that fast.

He wasn't dumped maybe I should have added luke asked to be released, people a little hasty to point the finger:nono:

• Like 2

Just now, lewy said:

He wasn't dumped maybe I should have added luke asked to be released, people a little hasty to point the finger:nono:

That’s very different then, thank you for clarification.

• Like 1

In the absence of a thread for Plymouth v Leicester match, which has now finished, it seems reasonable to post comments here.

Not being present tonight, I wondered how good the racing was from an entertainment perspective? Going back to watching Leicester at the old Blackbird Road track, the novelty of good racing and narrow home defeats wore thin pretty quickly. Smug as it may sound, the management's decision to go for a very top heavy team appears to have predictively backfired already. Plymouth's entreprenural approach has to be applauded but it would appear that a major team review is required, particularly as Crump is not recovering from knocks so easily these days. Altough they appear not to be weakened by the choice of guests that have covered for him, the situation  is clearly not sustainable.

Putting my Lions hat back on, a great response after being overturned by those pesky Pirates at the weekend.

24 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

In the absence of a thread for Plymouth v Leicester match, which has now finished, it seems reasonable to post comments here.

Not being present tonight, I wondered how good the racing was from an entertainment perspective? Going back to watching Leicester at the old Blackbird Road track, the novelty of good racing and narrow home defeats wore thin pretty quickly. Smug as it may sound, the management's decision to go for a very top heavy team appears to have predictively backfired already. Plymouth's entreprenural approach has to be applauded but it would appear that a major team review is required, particularly as Crump is not recovering from knocks so easily these days. Altough they appear not to be weakened by the choice of guests that have covered for him, the situation  is clearly not sustainable.

Putting my Lions hat back on, a great response after being overturned by those pesky Pirates at the weekend.

Big blow for Gladiators at the start of the season with Henry Atkins getting injured, should have been good for at least 3 or 4 at home which would have turned narrow defeats into narrow wins. Still would have struggled away. Ruddick and Smith are just not scoring.

30 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

I do t think This team was ever put out to win the league as silly as it sounds. It was put out to get fans in the stadium, and it has done that. The job this year was to get the club sustainable through this year and in to next year.

reminder we started a lot later than most sides, nearly a whole year behind those that kept the riders from the season that never ran.

personally I think we are close. 12 points on a heat leader was always going to be a tough ask and had he rode he’d have probs got a 9/10 average freeing up 2 points to put towards a stronger reserve from 3 points to 5 pushing Dillon or Zach there.

The club as a whole has improved everything massively from the stadium to the track to the food selection in the cafe. 

from when mark took over to this moment in time it’s complete opposites. And he deserves every success and well done that go his way 

• Like 5