British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Would you like to change your mind:rofl:

Blimey...it's took you some time to dig that up....you must be bored! :t:

On 2/4/2021 at 4:39 AM, Pinny said:

Bjarne Pedersen on anything more than 7 will be an awful signing. 

Crump though would surely still pile the points in at this level.

Have you sent a message to Pinny as well ???:rofl:

On 2/11/2021 at 2:00 PM, Teromaafan said:

Totally agree. Pretty sure he hasn't rode over here since his stint with the Lions in 2015 and the fans couldn't wait to get him out of the door. He'll be 43 in the summer as well. I'd be amazed if Plymouth got a full season (COVID permitting) out of him.

Don't forget Teromaafan :t::rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Have you sent a message to Pinny as well ???:rofl:

You saved me the trouble :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is quite funny that ! 

Unlucky really crump got injured as could have had a few points to spare with to tinker the team with and strengthen.

I think Plymouth’s team next year could be very good now they have survived this year and got Gary may in, personally I think Gary is going to make a huge difference. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lewy said:

You saved me the trouble :t:

P.s I'm pleased for Bjarne...nice guy.....I was very wrong.....I can only remember how poor he was when he 'missed' the gate whilst riding at B'ham....i can't ever remember him passing anyone?

He's doing great this season, in two very weak British Leagues....(not his fault, British speedway is dire...)

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

P.s I'm pleased for Bjarne...nice guy.....I was very wrong.....I can only remember how poor he was when he 'missed' the gate whilst riding at B'ham....i can't ever remember him passing anyone?

He's doing great this season, in two very weak British Leagues....(not his fault, British speedway is dire...)

It’s the Premier that’s weak not the Championship.

• Like 4

On 7/28/2021 at 3:53 PM, Ryan555 said:

Judging by the fact your replacement seems to have fallen of the face of the earth I think you probably have dropped a clanger Keleher has been putting in good performances everywhere 

Does that include Newcastle lmao!!! He did better at Eastbourne as a guest for them than he did when Plymouth went there. 

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Agreed! :t:

Surely both must be the same as they are the same riders

1 hour ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Surely both must be the same as they are the same riders

I did think that ? but I guess it's probably got something to do with the 'Title' of the League?

You could say it's a reasonable 2nd Tiered division, but a very poor 1st Tier ?

I think its all the more reason to start the debate about having just one bigger League?

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Does that include Newcastle lmao!!! He did better at Eastbourne as a guest for them than he did when Plymouth went there. 

7+1as a guest, 6+1 when riding for Plymouth both reasonable returns imo,interesting you think it's funny when he obviously had a nightmare at Newcastle which will be the case with new riders who have never seen certain tracks before,the Plymouth fans,promotion and management are very pleased to have zane riding for us and becoming an asset aswell,I think smetana is on our radar aswell :t:

34 minutes ago, lewy said:

7+1as a guest, 6+1 when riding for Plymouth both reasonable returns imo,interesting you think it's funny when he obviously had a nightmare at Newcastle which will be the case with new riders who have never seen certain tracks before,the Plymouth fans,promotion and management are very pleased to have zane riding for us and becoming an asset aswell,I think smetana is on our radar aswell :t:

What I think is funny, is other fans thinking we are worse off without him, which is not the case if you go through all the meetings since he left! Probably only 2 where he would have made a difference. Plymouth obviously and maybe Berwick but I don't think Plymouth have been there yet? So don't know for sure. As much as there is banter about Bickley, he did outscore him at Poole and beat him in one race, so was no loss there. Trouble is I think many thought Zane would be the 'better' aussie and Ben Cook would be the one that needed time to settle, but Ben hit the ground running from the off which made Zane's scores look even worse imo! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What I think is funny, is other fans thinking we are worse off without him, which is not the case if you go through all the meetings since he left! Probably only 2 where he would have made a difference. Plymouth obviously and maybe Berwick but I don't think Plymouth have been there yet? So don't know for sure. As much as there is banter about Bickley, he did outscore him at Poole and beat him in one race, so was no loss there. Trouble is I think many thought Zane would be the 'better' aussie and Ben Cook would be the one that needed time to settle, but Ben hit the ground running from the off which made Zane's scores look even worse imo! 

Zane will be at sunny Berwick this Saturday so should be interesting lol