British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

1 hour ago, Doners123 said:

So today the true set of averages come out for Plymouth and sees Jason crump on a new average off 6.98.

This is something I believe Plymouth were hoping that would happen at the start of the season and means they have around 4.96 to spare.

Bringing in a rider in place (for example) of one of the riders on a 4 would give 8.96 spare. A rider under that average would include someone like Lawson. 

This would give the support needed to Jason and Bjarne. 

Be interesting to see if they change the line up or keep it as they are with minimal meetings left. 

Not much point is there with so few meetings remaining ? They are not going to make the play offs 

1 minute ago, RebelDan said:

Not much point is there with so few meetings remaining ? They are not going to make the play offs 

Unless they want to test someone out for next season? But most riders on a near 9 point average will already have a club. Also might get a few more people in the gate if they changed it? Harsh on whoever makes way though.

30 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

That's not necessarily correct, if Eastbourne drop out and the points teams have gained from Eastbourne fixtures are taken away from them plus the fact that their is one less team and they would have to win all their remaining fixtures highly unlikely but possible :o

34 minutes ago, lewy said:

That's not necessarily correct, if Eastbourne drop out and the points teams have gained from Eastbourne fixtures are taken away from them plus the fact that their is one less team and they would have to win all their remaining fixtures highly unlikely but possible :o

It’s good to see that BSPA have actually put on their Website how the play- off will be settled ,confirming that it is the Top 6 that qualify.Took them a while :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RebelDan said:

Still want to avoid the wooden spoon though!

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s good to see that BSPA have actually put on their Website how the play- off will be settled ,confirming that it is the Top 6 that qualify.Took them a while :rolleyes:

When was the last time you looked at the league table on their website as it has been on there for a while but it should have been there from week 1 of the season.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

When was the last time you looked at the league table on their website as it has been on there for a while but it should have been there from week 1 of the season.

Not for a few weeks,when all the discussion was about the subject,certainly was not  on then ,like you say should have been on from day 1

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not for a few weeks,when all the discussion was about the subject,certainly was not  on then ,like you say should have been on from day 1

We were right though:cheers:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RebelDan said:

I’m surprised a Rebels fan thinks this and you clearly don’t know how Garry May ticks. If there is a way of improving the Gladiators even in the short term, Garry will find it and try and make it happen.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lewy said:

I admire your glass half full approach nothing wrong with a bit of optimism especially at the moment

2 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

I’m surprised a Rebels fan thinks this and you clearly don’t know how Garry May ticks. If there is a way of improving the Gladiators even in the short term, Garry will find it and try and make it happen.

I was thinking more so financially with so few meetings remaining as others have said Bjarne and Crumpy can’t come cheap. I’m all for progression but just trying to be realistic - I’d love to see a more competitive team especially away from home. I guess it will depend on finances. 

2 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

I was thinking more so financially with so few meetings remaining as others have said Bjarne and Crumpy can’t come cheap. I’m all for progression but just trying to be realistic - I’d love to see a more competitive team especially away from home. I guess it will depend on finances. 

I agree with you, adding another possible top heat leader will not be cheap to go with

IF any riders do become available due to the demise of another club then possibly strengthen the engine room of the side would be better team wise and affordable.

Kyle Newman would spring to mind if available.

• Like 1

Don't forget that many of the overseas league fixtures are coming to an end so some riders not involved in play-offs abroad may well be up for a few meetings?!  Of course that will apply to any club that can make a change and can afford it!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 6:43 PM, Skidder1 said:

Don't forget that many of the overseas league fixtures are coming to an end so some riders not involved in play-offs abroad may well be up for a few meetings?!  Of course that will apply to any club that can make a change and can afford it!

Biggest problem bringing in people from abroad will be visas (as you guys at Poole have found). Wouldn't be sorted in time for the transfer deadline I assume!