British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

Yes but there will also be a few non-european riders looking for some end of season meetings.

Plymouth have 6.98 spare with new averages. Should Eastbourne not finish the season and riders released,

id be going…..

1 - Pedersen 

2 - Rumul could easily be cook 

3 - Crump 

4 - Kheller 

5 - Lawson

6 - Edwards 

7 - Bowtell

still leaves 2.11 spare to use

could swap for example Cooke or zane for Tom Brennan or Kyle Newman.

other options could be riders riding in Poland that have finished there season and have not made the play offs no idea who I’m sure others could say.

suppose it depends if Plymouth have an outside chance of the play offs if Eastbourne pull out 

Ruml was Gladiators best rider at Perry Barr tonight by a mile!

1 hour ago, Doners123 said:

Plymouth have 6.98 spare with new averages. Should Eastbourne not finish the season and riders released,

id be going…..

1 - Pedersen 

2 - Rumul could easily be cook 

3 - Crump 

4 - Kheller 

5 - Lawson

6 - Edwards 

7 - Bowtell

still leaves 2.11 spare to use

could swap for example Cooke or zane for Tom Brennan or Kyle Newman.

other options could be riders riding in Poland that have finished there season and have not made the play offs no idea who I’m sure others could say.

suppose it depends if Plymouth have an outside chance of the play offs if Eastbourne pull out 

There is such a big gap between 6th and 7th place and Plymouth have done more meetings than some other teams above them that I think they needed to win at Brum tonight to stand a chance. Also they seem to like giving the away teams a league point which will not help them at all! 

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

There is such a big gap between 6th and 7th place and Plymouth have done more meetings than some other teams above them that I think they needed to win at Brum tonight to stand a chance. Also they seem to like giving the away teams a league point which will not help them at all! 

If Eastbourne have closed , points will be deducted, Leicester will lose 7 points, then the gap is not so big.

7 minutes ago, brewer said:

If Eastbourne have closed , points will be deducted, Leicester will lose 7 points, then the gap is not so big.

True but depends how it effects everyone else too! Leicester also have a few meetings in hand too though.

Glasgow, Edinburgh Redcar, Scunthorpe would all lose points !!

Edinburgh had an away win so valuable points gone there. 

Edited by Hackett
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

True but depends how it effects everyone else too! Leicester also have a few meetings in hand too though.

Poole lose 1

glasgow 4

edinburgh 3

leics 7

kent will possibly be in the best position, 1 point behind 1 match arrears and have to meet leics  h + a

Kent Leicester could well be on same amount of fixtures

Edited by brewer
Addition info
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Redcar won't lose points. Home defeat to Eastbourne.

• Like 1

The thing is Plymouth effectively have 3 league meetings left. One home to Newcastle( which they should win), then away to Leicester and Poole. They have done exceptionally well at home this season giving full entertainment to the crowds who, I believe, have come out in reasonable numbers to support them.

Remember they were so late being accepted into this league they had very few riders to pick from so therefore brought several new riders who had never ridden British speedway before. In addition they brought in Bjarne and Jason who were great crowd attractions but on very high averages that would be almost impossible to keep up. Jason’s injury did not help and only now have their averages dropped to a reasonable level. I still think the Plymouth promotion did the right thing. Also poor Henry Atkins was lost before a wheel was turned.

Therefore, with nothing to fight for I feel the promotion will stay true to the riders that the supporters have got to love and build for next year knowing they will have no Bjarne and probably Jason but will have true averages to build on.

The promotion at Plymouth have done well and are establish a firm base for the future.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hackett said:

For Scunny it’s not that bad we beat them at home and lost away 

I have to say that from Gary May through to every rider last night they were all very polite, well mannered and a credit to their club. They had all the time in the world for autographs and photos and were very happy and approachable. Crumpy was very busy with fans and never turned anyone away and chatted to everyone. I could think of a few that could learn a lot from his professionalism and down to earth approach. Obviously enjoyed his night too and his battle with Riss, laughing and joking at the end. For all the negativity in speedway, Plymouth are a massive breath of fresh air. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sherborne Green said:

The thing is Plymouth effectively have 3 league meetings left. One home to Newcastle( which they should win), then away to Leicester and Poole. They have done exceptionally well at home this season giving full entertainment to the crowds who, I believe, have come out in reasonable numbers to support them.

Remember they were so late being accepted into this league they had very few riders to pick from so therefore brought several new riders who had never ridden British speedway before. In addition they brought in Bjarne and Jason who were great crowd attractions but on very high averages that would be almost impossible to keep up. Jason’s injury did not help and only now have their averages dropped to a reasonable level. I still think the Plymouth promotion did the right thing. Also poor Henry Atkins was lost before a wheel was turned.

Therefore, with nothing to fight for I feel the promotion will stay true to the riders that the supporters have got to love and build for next year knowing they will have no Bjarne and probably Jason but will have true averages to build on.

The promotion at Plymouth have done well and are establish a firm base for the future.

We also have Glasgow at Glasgow, so we could still have a say in the final playoff positions with Glasgow, poole and Leicester all looking like top 6 finishers

4 hours ago, lewy said:

We also have Glasgow at Glasgow, so we could still have a say in the final playoff positions with Glasgow, poole and Leicester all looking like top 6 finishers

Question is ,how are they going to get all these fixtures in before cut -off date.(as usual annual problem).

5 hours ago, The Dog said:

I have to say that from Gary May through to every rider last night they were all very polite, well mannered and a credit to their club. They had all the time in the world for autographs and photos and were very happy and approachable. Crumpy was very busy with fans and never turned anyone away and chatted to everyone. I could think of a few that could learn a lot from his professionalism and down to earth approach. Obviously enjoyed his night too and his battle with Riss, laughing and joking at the end. For all the negativity in speedway, Plymouth are a massive breath of fresh air. 

And a nice set up down there 

• Like 5