British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

Fantastic signing for Plymouth and for the Championship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That’s is going to be a looooong tail.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

It obviously will be but it will give every team in the championship its highest crowd of the season and a massive boost for speedway at this level 

• Like 4

If we are allowed to watch....never thought I would see Scotty v Crump at Central Park.:t:

Great signing for the Championship supporters.

• Like 4

I bet woffy and lambert are kicking themselves now ! Just hope it dont go t**s up someone has deep pockets down south.

• Like 1

This team is shaping up better than most of the premiership clubs at the minute! Brilliant first 2 signings. Anyone know what bjarne and Jason’s averages are.?

34 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

I bet woffy and lambert are kicking themselves now ! Just hope it dont go t**s up someone has deep pockets down south.

Was my thinking exactly, either got plenty cash or going to be in a bit of bother come the end of the season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

You’ll have to explain the bit about Woffinden and Lambert as I really don’t see how Crump signing for Plymouth affects them.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Surely after the first set of averages, Plymouth will be able to bring a stronger rider in to help the bottom end ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

You’ll have to explain the bit about Woffinden and Lambert as I really don’t see how Crump signing for Plymouth affects them.....

They will perhaps  be thinking oh look plymouth have money to spend who needs poland :o.

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Crump signs! Wowza

What a start to have Pedersen and Crump. well done Plymouth.

What are there combined averages

Just now, geoff100 said:

They will perhaps  be thinking oh look plymouth have money to spend who needs poland :o.

LOL I’m pretty sure the amounts they are on over there will completely dwarf anything earned by riders over here. 

15 hours ago, HGould said:

If it is Crump it will be great marketing opportunity which I hope pays off for them. 

This is the nail hit on the head - What a signing and opportunity this is for Plymouth. This has to be one of, if not the biggest signings in the second tier of British Speedway ever.

Assuning everything goes to plan with covid etc, I bet there will be a massive crowd at the first match. Assuming they win their home matches the crowds should hang about too.

Best of luck to them and intrigued by the final 5 signings :t:

• Like 4