British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

Some really interesting comments on this post and it’s nice for us Plymouth fans to be able to post on the championship part of the forum. 

the idea of crump going around the SBA is big but points allowed could be a stumbling point. 

I think it would be harsh to have a go at us if we were not to put together a strong team considering most riders have already been put together a year ago.  Even Barker signed elsewhere for a guarantee pay check as it’s still not confirmed by the BSPA we are in this league.

I think the league are crazy that they haven't snapped Plymouth’s hand off to be in the league.  I think mark has been one of the most committed people to speedway over the last few years and the time and effort he’s put in deserved reward. He built a big new stand that cost good money he put a very competitive team together for last season national league team. 

ive no doubt Plymouth with mark and mattie will put together a strong team even with the handicap of having to build the team a year after everyone else. 

I think Atkins would be a good shout apart from that I’m going to need to check the confirmed teams to see who’s available. 

20 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

Some really interesting comments on this post and it’s nice for us Plymouth fans to be able to post on the championship part of the forum. 

the idea of crump going around the SBA is big but points allowed could be a stumbling point. 

I think it would be harsh to have a go at us if we were not to put together a strong team considering most riders have already been put together a year ago.  Even Barker signed elsewhere for a guarantee pay check as it’s still not confirmed by the BSPA we are in this league.

I think the league are crazy that they haven't snapped Plymouth’s hand off to be in the league.  I think mark has been one of the most committed people to speedway over the last few years and the time and effort he’s put in deserved reward. He built a big new stand that cost good money he put a very competitive team together for last season national league team. 

ive no doubt Plymouth with mark and mattie will put together a strong team even with the handicap of having to build the team a year after everyone else. 

I think Atkins would be a good shout apart from that I’m going to need to check the confirmed teams to see who’s available. 

If Plymouth were to be accepted in the championship & that's a big "IF" I don't think there are enough riders available to raise a competitive team. Look @ the proposed line-ups of Glasgow & Eastbourne. Using any riders not U.K. based will be a recipe for disaster in 2021!  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Good news, hopefully if we get to see some speedway this year they can get a competitive team together. 

First signing to be announced 10am on Wednesday.

46 minutes ago, lewy said:

Plymouth have been accepted into the championship

Your going to even more unbearable now :rofl:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Your going to even more unbearable now :rofl:

Wait until we beat scunthorpe lol

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

Yes!!!!! Let’s hope for a decent team. Can’t wait :cheers:

Lewis Bridger would be worth gamble, good on small tracks.

11 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Lewis Bridger would be worth gamble, good on small tracks.

He would be a fantastic signing if he’s up for it! 
Saw him race a fair amount when I lived in Poole, on his day he looked unbeatable :t:

19 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

He would be a fantastic signing if he’s up for it! 
Saw him race a fair amount when I lived in Poole, on his day he looked unbeatable :t:

I don't think Bridger is interested in doubling up, but you never know 

• Like 1