British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

On 2/14/2021 at 6:25 PM, BobC said:

This is a Plymouth speedway thread. I come here to read about the Gladiators.

All this other nonsense doesnt belong here.

As it happens, I prefer racing on smaller tracks..

I reckon your full name is Bob Costa Mesa :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Odsal boy is a bell end he does this to every team

I’ve seen that posted on other threads so just wondered if it’s the worst typo in history. 

Interesting Tweet from Jason Crump:

Just hope Jason and Bjarne never have a bad meeting on the same night, or the match could seem like an inter league challenge. 

7 hours ago, spin king said:

Any news on the next Plymouth signing.

Thought I had seen that it will be tomorrow (Wednesday).  I would go for Henry Atkins as the rising star. If not, Alfie Bowtell to fill a reserve slot.

5 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Thought I had seen that it will be tomorrow (Wednesday).  I would go for Henry Atkins as the rising star. If not, Alfie Bowtell to fill a reserve slot.

I wouldn't put it past Plymouth springing another surprise with rider No 3.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

I wouldn't put it past Plymouth springing another surprise with rider No 3.

Another rider returning to the sport is my guess, but this time he is a lot younger than Crumpy & Bjarne, with more confidence now in his riding I am sure that he will be a success at Plymouth.

20 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Another rider returning to the sport is my guess, but this time he is a lot younger than Crumpy & Bjarne, with more confidence now in his riding I am sure that he will be a success at Plymouth.

And who would that be?

7 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Bowtell is a no brainer !

As far as the track goes, as a Plymouth fan I've seen the track look and race appallingly and I've seen it look and race brilliantly.

There are so many things that influence tracks, the base, the location in respect of surrounding areas etc. As I've moved away from Plymouth I've seen less home meetings in recent years but have to say the track was always inconsistent prior to Mark taking over the team. 

I know Mark has invested heavily not only in the infrastructure of the track but also the quality of material that goes on the track and I've heard and seen the track be far more consistent since Mark took over things.

I'm sure with riders such as Crump and Pedersen there each week the track will have to be at a high standard, can't see them having it any other way! 

Everyone has their preference when it comes to racing and what they like to see, in my experience, and I've been to a few tracks in my time, the best racing I've seen has been on smaller tracks that aren't too tight, where you can get a bit of grip on them. Weymouth was a belting track for racing back in the day. The exception to that rule and arguably the best track in the country in my opinion (I've not been to the new Belle Vue mind) is Peterborough. The racing there has always been brilliant on the times I've visited.

Anyway back to the team, I fancy the rest of the Plymouth team to mainly be younger riders with a couple of from the NL team that was set to line up last year. Hopefully we'll get some news this week.

8 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Not a typo that's how you spell bell end :rofl:

So the rumours are true. :t::icon_smile_clown:

Plymouth announcing third rider 8am tomorrow,very familiar with the track apparently.