British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

15 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Couldn't agree more but can you see Cardiff running as I can't .but let's blame the Bsp it makes for a good story 

Hard to disagree.

Whatever happens it's going to be hard to see more than 20,000 allowed inside a Stadium like Millenium with narrow streets and entrances and fact it has a roof and so very little air circulating even when roof is open, may go against it.

Certainly not going to be many if any overseas people allowed to come in if rates remain high in Europe and how many fans would actually be there if UK fans only.

Struggle to get `15,000 probably.

May be easier to run behind closed doors and claim Event insurance

Could argue Belle Vue or Glasgow might be better options to stage and cheaper. 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Hard to disagree.

Whatever happens it's going to be hard to see more than 20,000 allowed inside a Stadium like Millenium with narrow streets and entrances and fact it has a roof and so very little air circulating even when roof is open, may go against it.

Certainly not going to be many if any overseas people allowed to come in if rates remain high in Europe and how many fans would actually be there if UK fans only.

I think you're right, be best to run it at BV this year.

Is the plymouth web site wrong. June 22nd & AUG 3rd they have to fixtures reversed to everybody else's fixture list?

23 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Is the plymouth web site wrong. June 22nd & AUG 3rd they have to fixtures reversed to everybody else's fixture list?

As far as I can see the fixtures are the same on the bspa site and the fact that the dates are on Tuesdays, which is Plymouths race night I would think they are correct 

On 3/21/2021 at 11:35 AM, HGould said:

Hard to disagree.

Cannot see the point of behind closed doors at Cardiff.

What would be the viable crowd figure at Cardiff 20/25000.

Hard to disagree.

Have you been to Glasgow? stadium capacity would be a no- goer.IMo.More likely to be no GP in GB if Cardiff is cancelled,taken what rider restrictions might be in place if there is a 3rd wave of Pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

As far as I can see the fixtures are the same on the bspa site and the fact that the dates are on Tuesdays, which is Plymouths race night I would think they are correct 

June 22nd its says Edinburgh aug 3rd it says Birmingham. Bspa Edinburgh  and Birmingham have it the other way round?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Petecc said:

June 22nd its says Edinburgh aug 3rd it says Birmingham. Bspa Edinburgh  and Birmingham have it the other way round?

I don't know then tbh,I've got season ticket so it won't make any difference to me personally but obviously needs clarification for travelling support 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

I don't know then tbh,I've got season ticket so it won't make any difference to me personally but obviously needs clarification for travelling support 

I'm in the area that week so was going to go on line and see if I could get a ticket when I noticed it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Have you been to Glasgow? stadium capacity would be a no- goer.IMo.More likely to be no GP in GB if Cardiff is cancelled,taken what rider restrictions might be in place if there is a 3rd wave of 

Edited by Fromafar

Hard to disagree.

I realise you might mean behind close doors ,but don’t think that would happen in GB.

• Like 1

June  22 Plymouth v Birmingham as they move on to Poole the next night .

1 hour ago, Petecc said:

Edinburgh 3rd Aug, on tour at Poole on 4th