British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

On 5/12/2021 at 8:27 PM, Triple.H. said:

More tickets available just announced on the Speedway chatshow see Plymouth website and social media for details

Friday 14th. mid day there are still the extra tickets for V Glasgow available about 100 or so. Do not turn-up on the night with out a ticket you will not/ cannot be allowed in.   1, 3, 5, 7 hear this roar from glorious Devon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Friday 14th. mid day there are still the extra tickets for V Glasgow available about 100 or so. Do not turn-up on the night with out a ticket you will not/ cannot be allowed in.   1, 3, 5, 7 hear this roar from glorious Devon!

Spread clotted cream on the scone first, then finish with a dollop of jam (and ffs don't get it the other way round or you will be called a Cornishman)

Regards
THJ 

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Spread clotted cream on the scone first, then finish with a dollop of jam (and ffs don't get it the other way round or you will be called a Cornishman)

Regards
THJ 

Plymouths promoter is a cornishman:o

• Haha 1

As are plenty of Plymouth supporters!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Technik said:

How is the track holding up with all the rain we are getting?

It's off...

First meeting to fall foul of the weather...

It's like we've never been away...

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Sad 1

Poor old Henry dislocated a shoulder last night (think it was the one he had trouble with before) whilst riding for Eastbourne in the NL. Right at the start of a busy few days that should have seen him at Scunny on Friday and Eastbourne on Saturday before coming back to the Coliseum next Tuesday. Hope he’s ok and back soon but aggravating an old injury might mean longer term rest and recuperation is needed. Worst case scenario, anyone know the rules covering injured rising stars who haven’t represented their team yet?

28 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Poor old Henry dislocated a shoulder last night (think it was the one he had trouble with before) whilst riding for Eastbourne in the NL. Right at the start of a busy few days that should have seen him at Scunny on Friday and Eastbourne on Saturday before coming back to the Coliseum next Tuesday. Hope he’s ok and back soon but aggravating an old injury might mean longer term rest and recuperation is needed. Worst case scenario, anyone know the rules covering injured rising stars who haven’t represented their team yet?

Some people tear ligaments, tendons and other tissues when they dislocate their shoulder. A rugby team mate kept dislocating his shoulder and went in for "the muscles" "tightened up" (whatever that involved) and he ended up missing a season and if I remember correctly Richard Lawson had to have a similar op because his shoulder kept popping out and he missed the tail end of a season and it took the whole winter for him to recuperate... so it can become a major issue as the slacker the muscles/ligaments/tendons holding the shoulder in place get then the only option is for the operation.

Also Johnnie Wilkinson had the same thing and his was that bad it took 18 month following the op before he came back; his shoulder popped out prior to one match just pulling his shirt on... So it depends how bad the dislocation was and how badly the muscles/ligaments/tendons that hold the shoulder in place are damaged; but away from the doom and gloom young bones and muscles can take a fair bit of punishment and they do tend to heal quicker...

On replacing the rising star which I believe has now been change to something along the lines of "you can replace any rising star as long as you had the space in the team at the start of the season" Henry is a 2 star so you can have a 2 or a 1 star obviously however because your team 1 to 6 combined total is less than 38 I believe you could actually use a 3 star if there is one available...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,

13 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Some people tear ligaments, tendons and other tissues when they dislocate their shoulder. A rugby team mate kept dislocating his shoulder and went in for "the muscles" "tightened up" (whatever that involved) and he ended up missing a season and if I remember correctly Richard Lawson had to have a similar op because his shoulder kept popping out and he missed the tail end of a season and it took the whole winter for him to recuperate... so it can become a major issue as the slacker the muscles/ligaments/tendons holding the shoulder in place get then the only option is for the operation.

Also Johnnie Wilkinson had the same thing and his was that bad it took 18 month following the op before he came back; his shoulder popped out prior to one match just pulling his shirt on... So it depends how bad the dislocation was and how badly the muscles/ligaments/tendons that hold the shoulder in place are damaged; but away from the doom and gloom young bones and muscles can take a fair bit of punishment and they do tend to heal quicker...

On replacing the rising star which I believe has now been change to something along the lines of "you can replace any rising star as long as you had the space in the team at the start of the season" Henry is a 2 star so you can have a 2 or a 1 star obviously however because your team 1 to 6 combined total is less than 38 I believe you could actually use a 3 star if there is one available...

Regards
THJ

You're right with the injury, never sounds that severe but can be a lengthy process to put right/heal. I don't  know Henry's previous injury history but unfortunately if it's a recurrence of an earlier injury, I know from my involvement with motocross that an operation is normally the only solution, riding heavily strapped is never a great fix. Fingers crossed for Plymouth and Easie it's just a one off. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Thanks 1

The loss of atkins is a huge miss for Plymouth especially for home matches. 

• Like 1

Jason Doyle had a problem with his shoulder popping out for no reason. I saw him have a nasty crash at Rye House after it dislocated itself. I know he had an op to put it right & missed 6/8 months racing. but on the up side he went on to become a World Champion so there's hope for Henry yet.

So far as facilities I would think R/R would be available. I know he has yet to race for Plymouth this season & that because of the weather. but with riders racing in more than one league this season the simple fact that the injury occured whilst racing in a British League should entitle all team's he is declared for a facility.

Edited by Technik
add on
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Technik said:

Jason Doyle had a problem with his shoulder popping out for no reason. I saw him have a nasty crash at Rye House after it dislocated itself. I know he had an op to put it right & missed 6/8 months racing. but on the up side he went on to become a World Champion so there's hope for Henry yet.

So far as facilities I would think R/R would be available. I know he has yet to race for Plymouth this season & that because of the weather. but with riders racing in more than one league this season the simple fact that the injury occured whilst racing in a British League should entitle all team's he is declared for a facility.

pretty sure you don’t get r/r for  reserve 

8 hours ago, mac101 said:

pretty sure you don’t get r/r for  reserve 

Correct.

I'm sorry, I confused myself, With riding for two clubs I didn't factor in the difference in average & the team position.

So I guess the only option is to use another rising star at or below the same grade as Atkins.

I wonder if both the Thompson twins are allowed to guest as rising stars? as they were both on the list, but Leicester had to declare which one they would use as their rising star. I think its a question worth asking 

Looking at the result at Scunthorpe today it looks like it is going to be a long hard season for the Plymouth youngsters, great performance from Bjarne