Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

39 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Time will tell but he didn't do much at Plymouth either and those performances are far more important

Are you making your  judgement on goret based on observation or results

20 minutes ago, lewy said:

Are you making your  judgement on goret based on observation or results

Combine of both. Heard from a good source that his continental form from 2019 was patchy and U21 events competed in aren't full of points scored. Obviously that was 2 years ago so i do accept the chance to improve but all examples of races ive seen him in his gating isnt up to scratch. 

Might be tempted to have a look when Plymouth visit Eastbourne if he is still in the team at the end of July

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Combine of both. Heard from a good source that his continental form from 2019 was patchy and U21 events competed in aren't full of points scored. Obviously that was 2 years ago so i do accept the chance to improve but all examples of races ive seen him in his gating isnt up to scratch. 

Might be tempted to have a look when Plymouth visit Eastbourne if he is still in the team at the end of July

So you haven't seen him ride yourself, yes he's still finding his feet and his gating gloves but Plymouth will give him time this is a season of establishing ourselves in this league and building for the future anyone can come on the forum and state the obvious without the knowing the full picture he's a young lad in a different country on his own showing great commitment and will be given a fair chance. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, lewy said:

So you haven't seen him ride yourself, yes he's still finding his feet and his gating gloves but Plymouth will give him time this is a season of establishing ourselves in this league and building for the future anyone can come on the forum and state the obvious without the knowing the full picture he's a young lad in a different country on his own showing great commitment and will be given a fair chance. 

What people have to think is Plymouth were late getting accepted into the league when most riders had all been picked up. They were thinking for the future and establish themselves in this league and get the interest of the general public. Remember they are now the only team in Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. They therefore took the bold step of bringing in top heavy Jason ad Bjarne. This would leave them with few points to play with but what UK riders would be available.

They would have to look for riders never before tried in this country but had some experience abroad. They are all young and could make it in the future. Everyone knew they would take time to settle. They also had bad luck with injuries to both Jason and Henry before a home meeting was even held.

From what I have read the first match was a COVID sell out with a number of new fans who came out of interest and can’t wait to come back and the crowds will increase as COVID restrictions ease. The long term is the important thing not play off places this year.

The improvements to the stadium and track are beyond belief. I have been many times over the years but only seen it from the road when coming home to Dorset

. Well done all and the future I trust will be rosy. Well done to the promotion they deserve to succeed

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lewy said:

You are unreal . Get a grip ffs. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, lewy said:

In the flesh no but what does that matter? If i hadnt seen Woffy ride in the flesh id still know he is a top level rider (i have obviously) all evidence  ive seen is that his gating is below par and a track like Plymouth that spells trouble. 

On 6/4/2021 at 10:46 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

In the flesh no but what does that matter? If i hadnt seen Woffy ride in the flesh id still know he is a top level rider (i have obviously) all evidence  ive seen is that his gating is below par and a track like Plymouth that spells trouble. 

The problem is none of the lads had adequate track time at Plymouth before the season began due to restrictions - weather ect. Let them get some settings sorted out over the next few matches and then if things don’t progress it’s time to make some changes but to say replace Goret 2 matches in is a harsh dig in my

opinion. I really Hope he will flourish and become one to stop. 

UP THE GLADIATORS 

• Like 1

Team news for tomorrow nights meeting with Berwick, no changes to the Berwick team who continue with R/R for Coty Garcia. For Plymouth Richard Lawson and Jason Edwards comes in a guests for Jason Crump and Henry Atkins who both on the injured list.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Team news for tomorrow nights meeting with Berwick, no changes to the Berwick team who continue with R/R for Coty Garcia. For Plymouth Richard Lawson and Jason Edwards comes in a guests for Jason Crump and Henry Atkins who both on the injured list.

On current form and the obvious close working relationship with Eastie, good guests. 

On 6/6/2021 at 6:20 AM, motophotodan said:

The problem is none of the lads had adequate track time at Plymouth before the season began due to restrictions - weather ect. Let them get some settings sorted out over the next few matches and then if things don’t progress it’s time to make some changes but to say replace Goret 2 matches in is a harsh dig in my

opinion. I really Hope he will flourish and become one to stop. 

UP THE GLADIATORS 

This is very true, the promotion at Plymouth have done an awful lot of good things over the past 12 months, I really think they need to push to secure more time for riders to use the track even if it's in the afternoons of a few weekdays. I appreciate planning takes time and costs money but this would be huge for Plymouth to aid the development of any upcoming riders as well as new riders they bring into the club.

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

This is very true, the promotion at Plymouth have done an awful lot of good things over the past 12 months, I really think they need to push to secure more time for riders to use the track even if it's in the afternoons of a few weekdays. I appreciate planning takes time and costs money but this would be huge for Plymouth to aid the development of any upcoming riders as well as new riders they bring into the club.

Has the planning changed then? Previously Plymouth could run quite often and had several training schools. The weather had been fair the past couple of weeks so plenty of opportunities. Also if curfew hasn't been hit riders can still take to the track after the meeting 

On 6/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Has the planning changed then? Previously Plymouth could run quite often and had several training schools. The weather had been fair the past couple of weeks so plenty of opportunities. Also if curfew hasn't been hit riders can still take to the track after the meeting 

I guess it’s down to covid ect and obviously such a congested season with many riders riding 2 leagues over here practice time is pretty much impossible. But anyway we got our first home win of the season last night and I’m sure we will have many more this season :) 

• Like 1

So with the next meeting in the 22nd June being the KO CUP. who do you think will be our guest at no1 or who would you like to see? 

it’s going to be a great night of racing once again 

Craig cook and young Kemp would be nice but then I can dream or Sam masters again I can dream lol.