British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

Taking everyone elses leavings is always tricky . Lets hope we get some speedway, plymouth get an ok team and get a solid base for the future in this division

• Like 1

I remember hull being in a very similar situation having to take the remaining riders not employed.  They ended up winning the league that season.  So keep positive 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Have they announced what night/ day they will be racing ?

It will be Tuesday

11 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I remember hull being in a very similar situation having to take the remaining riders not employed.  They ended up winning the league that season.  So keep positive 

Makes sense. There are positives too as the number of options to consider is fewer so less time deciding, riders out of work at present should be more grateful for the opportunity and not ask for silly sums otherwise they risk being left on the fringes for the the upcoming season. Its just a case of picking the decent gaters out of who is leftover and keeping fingers crossed for some home results

13 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Lynn in 1997 the same.....joined the EL at the eleventh hour and ended up having a really good season (Wigg, Parker, Brhel, Topinka, Hurry, Ermolenko, Tacey)

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Lynn in 1997 the same.....joined the EL at the eleventh hour and ended up having a really good season (Wigg, Parker, Brhel, Topinka, Hurry, Ermolenko, Tacey)

On the other hand, Birmingham joined the league late in 2019, and finished last ...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Think the original plan was for the northern clubs to do Kent on Tuesday and Poole on Wednesday. If Plymouth opt to run on Tuesdays rather than Fridays then that offers a further alternative.

Kent run some meetings on Mondays!!

I think part of the criteria for Plymouth being accepted into the championship was they had to put together a competitive team, so they couldn't just go with a load of nl riders,it will be interesting to see how competitive we are once the season starts covid permitting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Kent run some meetings on Mondays!!

I thought that was  "protected" for Premiership meetings?

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I thought that was  "protected" for Premiership meetings?

Think you will find they can only run NL on Monday's not championship 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, *JJ said:

On the other hand, Birmingham joined the league late in 2019, and finished last ...

That’s the Laurence Rogers influence with dodgy foreign imports.  Mildenhall 2008 !!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think you will find they can only run NL on Monday's not championship 

Kent will run on Tuesdays, they will also run on some bank holidays  (not in the same week).

As far as planning goes I believe they are allowed to run Championship or NL any evening except Saturday finishing by 8.30pm except Friday which is 9.15pm or run on a bank holiday but finish by 6.30pm.

If Pitgate52 says its Tuesdays, thats what it will be.

She is very much involved with the Management.