British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

Poole fans will be pleased to hear the new track record holder is Zane Keleher

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Technik said:

Well done Zane. Then he was beaten in his next in a race 4 seconds slower.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ridiculous comment track conditions changed dramatically after heavy rain just admit Poole dropped a clanger getting rid of him,he also guested for Eastbourne recently and did well. 

• Like 2

Just now, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

That sounds suspicious 

It rained heavily in between his races,all the heats were slower.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

In the absence of a thread for Plymouth v Leicester match, which has now finished, it seems reasonable to post comments here.

Not being present tonight, I wondered how good the racing was from an entertainment perspective? Going back to watching Leicester at the old Blackbird Road track, the novelty of good racing and narrow home defeats wore thin pretty quickly. Smug as it may sound, the management's decision to go for a very top heavy team appears to have predictively backfired already. Plymouth's entreprenural approach has to be applauded but it would appear that a major team review is required, particularly as Crump is not recovering from knocks so easily these days. Altough they appear not to be weakened by the choice of guests that have covered for him, the situation  is clearly not sustainable.

Putting my Lions hat back on, a great response after being overturned by those pesky Pirates at the weekend.

When Plymouth were accepted into the Championship there were very few rider options, Plymouth have done well in the circumstances. Always a good nights entertainment @ the St. Boniface Arena or whatever it's now called.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Technik said:

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Race times based on someone with a stop watch. :nono:

Here is an example to ignore them

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/20267/redcar-championship-25-07-21?page=1&scrollTo=409124 heat 15 compared to the rest of the meeting but probably ;) just a txt/typing error.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

That sounds suspicious 

Maybe the time keeper down at Plymouth needs to change the battery in his watch.:blink:

8 minutes ago, screm said:

Maybe the time keeper down at Plymouth needs to change the battery in his watch.:blink:

Or maybe, as Fromafar mentioned above, track conditions changed markedly due to heavy rain after which all race times became slower.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lewy said:

Ridiculous comment track conditions changed dramatically after heavy rain just admit Poole dropped a clanger getting rid of him,he also guested for Eastbourne recently and did well. 

As has been well documented, was nothing to do with his on track performances 

• Like 2

Unfortunately Zane didn’t score many points in his time with us. As I said on another thread I have no idea what happened out of the public eye but clearly enough for MF to publicly dump him. He was woeful around Wimborne Road. Last week he failed to beat an opposition rider at Poole.

I don’t believe for one second we dropped a clanger. He can gate, and you can’t pass at Plymouth so he is scoring ok. I hope he continues to improve and has a career in the sport.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unfortunately Zane didn’t score many points in his time with us. As I said on another thread I have no idea what happened out of the public eye but clearly enough for MF to publicly dump him. He was woeful around Wimborne Road. Last week he failed to beat an opposition rider at Poole.

I don’t believe for one second we dropped a clanger. He can gate, and you can’t pass at Plymouth so he is scoring ok. I hope he continues to improve and has a career in the sport.

Judging by the fact your replacement seems to have fallen of the face of the earth I think you probably have dropped a clanger Keleher has been putting in good performances everywhere 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Judging by the fact your replacement seems to have fallen of the face of the earth I think you probably have dropped a clanger Keleher has been putting in good performances everywhere 

Except Poole :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/11/2021 at 11:11 AM, GiveusaB said:

BP is a woeful signing imo....

Would you like to change your mind:rofl:

• Haha 3