British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest compost

1992 season March queries

Guest compost

Hi

I'm updating my 1992 files on the speedway researcher website and have the following queries for March 1992.  Can you help please ?

Stoke vs Long Eaton on the 28th March - Times for heats 1 and 3 needed (my copy of the Star is damaged and I can't make them out)

Stoke vs Nottingham Reserve match on the 28th March - Couple of issues - 1) Star has this as a Reserve Gold Cup match whilst the yearbook has it as a League match - what was is (suspect yearbook correct and Star wrong) and 2) the Star's heat details don't tie in with the results given in the yearbook - has anyone a filled in programme with the heat details ?

Rye House vs Stoke on the 29th March - An attempt was made to run the first heat with Goodwin, Grahame and Chessell named.  Who was the 4th rider ?  As an attempt was made to run this meeting then the team lineups would be known  does anyone have them ?  Rye lineup needs confirming plus 4th in aborted heat 1

On Monday 30th March both Reading vs Arena Essex (Gold Cup) and Wolverhampton vs Bradford (Premiership) were in the fixture list.  There are no results for these matches (I suspect the Wolves match is detailed in part of the Star that I have missing) so does anyone know why they didn't take place ?

Thanks

Still needed in bold

Edited by compost
Highlighted outstanding issues. 2nd edit to remove queries split into their own topic

4 hours ago, compost said:

Hi

I'm updating my 1992 files on the speedway researcher website and have the following queries for March 1992.  Can you help please ?

On Monday 30th March both Reading vs Arena Essex (Gold Cup) and Wolverhampton vs Bradford (Premiership) were in the fixture list.  There are no results for these matches (I suspect the Wolves match is detailed in part of the Star that I have missing) so does anyone know why they didn't take place ?

Thanks

Wolverhampton v Bradford was rained off.  I was supposed to be going to the meeting.

5 hours ago, compost said:

Hi

Stoke vs Long Eaton on the 28th March - Times for heats 1 and 3 needed (my copy of the Star is damaged and I can't make them out)

Stoke vs Nottingham Reserve match on the 28th March - Couple of issues - 1) Star has this as a Reserve Gold Cup match whilst the yearbook has it as a League match - what was is (suspect yearbook correct and Star wrong) and 2) the Star's heat details don't tie in with the results given in the yearbook - has anyone a filled in programme with the heat details ?

Rye House vs Stoke on the 29th March - An attempt was made to run the first heat with Goodwin, Grahame and Chessell named.  Who was the 4th rider ?  As an attempt was made to run this meeting then the team lineups would be known  does anyone have them ?

Thanks

I was at Stoke on 28th March.  The time for heat 1 was 63.3 and heat 3 was 63.9.
The second half match was described as Stoke v Nottingham in the 'Gold Cup - Reserve League Match - Southern Section'.  
I didn't pay much attention to the reserve match as I was engaged in conversation with one of the Stoke riders in the pits at that stage, but my daughter recorded the following in the programme:
Ht 1 Hoole, Reed, Webb, Walsh (nf) 68.4 3-3
Ht 2 Powell, Naylor, Barlow, Geary 70.5 4-2
Ht 3 Hoole, Powell, Geary, Webb (mf)  time ? 5-1
Ht 4 Reed, Barlow, Naylor, Walsh  ? 2-4
Ht 5 Re-run Barlow, Geary,  Naylor (f ex), Walsh (ns)  ? 3-2
Ht 6 Re-run Hoole, Powell, Geary, Naylor (f ex),  ? 5-1
This meant that there was a change to the Stoke riding order from the programme, with Powell moving from number 2 to 3, Walsh moving rom 4 to 2 and Barlow coming in at number 4.  Read fell in the first running of heat 6 and was replaced by Geary in the restart.  Naylor replaced Webb in heat 5.
I haven't got the details of the Rye House meeting but the Stoke team was scheduled to be unchanged with Grahame, Chessell, Crabtree, Monaghan, Standing, Stead and Hoole.

6 hours ago, compost said:

Thanks

Reading v Arena Essex on 30th March was rained off.

I have checked my marked programme for the Stoke v Nottingham junior match and agree with the information provided by BL65.  I can also add the following:

Heat 1: Walsh (fell)

Heat 3: 66.9

Heat 4: 69.9

Heat 5: Walsh (f.ns), Webb (exc, time) 74.5

I also do not have the time for heat 6.

Guest compost
36 minutes ago, Nodlew said:

I have checked my marked programme for the Stoke v Nottingham junior match and agree with the information provided by BL65.  I can also add the following:

Heat 1: Walsh (fell)

Heat 3: 66.9

Heat 4: 69.9

Heat 5: Walsh (f.ns), Webb (exc, time) 74.5

I also do not have the time for heat 6.

Thanks Nodlew.

The Star reported a time of 74.2 for heat 6 btw.