British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
frigbo

Pete Wigley

Sad news posted by Laurie Etheridge on social media stating that former Crayford and Rye House rider Pete Wigley passed away on Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, frigbo said:

Sad news posted by Laurie Etheridge on social media stating that former Crayford and Rye House rider Pete Wigley passed away on Tuesday.

Sad news indeed. Saw him many times over the years always had time for a chat and an autograph, he was a regular at the Sunderland speedway reunions and was a great story teller.

God bless him.

That's sad...saw him ride a few times. I'm sure he was also a postman whilst riding speedway?

RIP

Very sad news. I met him a few times at various reunions and the like. Always good company.

1 minute ago, BOBBATH said:

How old was Pete when he passed?

He was born in June 1951 so I make that 69?

Sad news. Was at Lew Coffin’s Weymouth Training School 70-71ish and was a big character from day 1. Good career and never changed from being a friendly and approachable guy who was always ready for a chat. Finished as runner up to Brian Woodward in one of the annual Training School Trophies. 

RIP Pete

• Like 2